Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should tanning be considered a part of your beauty regiment?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 13 Replies

Kim Kardashian Tries to Out-Tan 'Tanning Mom' & Terrifies Us All

Posted by Maressa Brown on May 14, 2012

kim kardashian makes fun of tanning momWho knew Kim Kardashian had such a sharp wit? The reality diva took to Twitter this weekend to mock "Tanning Mom" aka Patricia Krentcil, the extremely tanned lady from New Jersey who has been accused of taking her 5-year-old daughter into the tanning booth with her. Kim posted an Instagram pic of herself with an incredibly deep, dark spray tan, along with the remark, "The tannerexic [sp] mom has some serious competition!!! Lol."

Funny, yes, but still -- talk about about the pot calling the kettle black brown!

No, Kim's never gone as EXTREME dark as Tanning Mom, but her tanning habits are definitely laughable and a worthy target as well. We're talking about a woman who fake tans on a regular basis, despite having naturally beautiful olive-toned skin. She and the other K ladies even promote a brand of self-tanner. That said, it seems to me like she's one of the last women on earth who can legitimately poke fun at someone like Tanning Mom.  

Guess we shouldn't be all that surprised though. Hypocrisy is pretty much a way of life for the Kardashians!

To be fair, though, there's a slight chance she was sort of poking fun at herself, too. The fact that she went to get that dark a spray tan -- for the sake of a joke, or maybe it was an accidental coincidence? -- is hilarious in itself. Either way, she'll stop at nothing for a few more seconds in the spotlight, huh? See ... she and Tanning Mom probably have a lot more in common than she realizes!

Do you think Kim's a bit of a hypocrite to mock Tanning Mom?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ruby_jewel_04
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM

ick. No. I used to tan. Then I realized how BAD it is for you! I'd rather be the pale one, than the one thats dead from skin cancer. 

Phippsandrea
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM

i never really tan. yes, in the summer i get some sun. but i always use sunscreen. but i think spray tans are ok.

BellaTragedia
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Tanning is just unhealthy all around. If you wanna spray tan or use lotions then sure, but to bake in the sun or tanning bed is just awful. Use SPF, your skin will thank you for it when you are old and UNwrinkled.

johnnybgood
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I use self tanner thats amazing, it gives a bit of a glow, its isnt orange or too dark, I love it, its by st tropez. its not super dark like kim, some people dont like tan, some people do, Ive noticed around here more people are pale then tan at our beaches, wrightsville/kure beach NC.

crysta82
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I like my pale skin! I can't be in the sun for very long. I had skin cancer and don't want to take that chance again. So umbrellas and hats for me.
MamisAngels
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I agree with the article, it's a bit hypocritical for her to poke fun at the other woman's tanning habit when she does so herself.

I don't consider tanning to be part of a beauty regimen. It's harmful and precaution should be taken year round, not only during the sunny summer months.
I get a touch of a nice healthy glow when I spend time in the sun, but I use SPF daily.

Quoting Cafe Denise:

Kim Kardashian Tries to Out-Tan 'Tanning Mom' & Terrifies Us All

Posted by Maressa Brown on May 14, 2012

kim kardashian makes fun of tanning momWho knew Kim Kardashian had such a sharp wit? The reality diva took to Twitter this weekend to mock "Tanning Mom" aka Patricia Krentcil, the extremely tanned lady from New Jersey who has been accused of taking her 5-year-old daughter into the tanning booth with her. Kim posted an Instagram pic of herself with an incredibly deep, dark spray tan, along with the remark, "The tannerexic [sp] mom has some serious competition!!! Lol."

Funny, yes, but still -- talk about about the pot calling the kettle black brown!

No, Kim's never gone as EXTREME dark as Tanning Mom, but her tanning habits are definitely laughable and a worthy target as well. We're talking about a woman who fake tans on a regular basis, despite having naturally beautiful olive-toned skin. She and the other K ladies even promote a brand of self-tanner. That said, it seems to me like she's one of the last women on earth who can legitimately poke fun at someone like Tanning Mom.  

Guess we shouldn't be all that surprised though. Hypocrisy is pretty much a way of life for the Kardashians!

To be fair, though, there's a slight chance she was sort of poking fun at herself, too. The fact that she went to get that dark a spray tan -- for the sake of a joke, or maybe it was an accidental coincidence? -- is hilarious in itself. Either way, she'll stop at nothing for a few more seconds in the spotlight, huh? See ... she and Tanning Mom probably have a lot more in common than she realizes!

Do you think Kim's a bit of a hypocrite to mock Tanning Mom?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsChairez
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Tanning beds should be banned! Self/spray tanners are okay, in my book. I don't know if *I* would consider it part of a beauty regiment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicariously
by Me on May. 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I never tan. I couldn't if I tried lol. I was the only pale person in high school, but I learned to love it. I think others are starting to come around.

Pale is the new tan!

SerpentsKiss
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Kim Kardashian is a useless waste of oxygen.

I personally don't tan. I did when i was a teenager but gave it up years ago.

salamaat
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I am naturally a deep tan color ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)