Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

~~>Milk Of Magnesia For Your Face...

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this

Uses of Milk of Magnesia for Skin Problems

Milk of magnesia consists of magnesium in its natural form. It also has a trace amount of zinc in it. Both these ingredients play a major role in treating various skin problems. Some important uses of milk of magnesia are given here:

For Acne Treatment: For those who are battling with acne problems over a long time, milk of magnesia can be the cheapest form of treatment available. Acne tends to erupt on an oily skin. Milk of magnesia absorbs the excess oil present on the skin surface. Moreover, the alkaline nature of magnesium hydroxide helps to neutralize the acid responsible for causing acne and the zinc disinfects the skin. Thus it ensures faster elimination of the acne. Pour some milk of magnesia on a cotton ball and dab it over each of the pimples and leave it overnight. Next morning, wash it off with lukewarm water. When you use milk of magnesia for acne, it not only cures the skin infection but also gives you a flawless skin.

For Oil Control on Face: Those who have an oily skin face a lot of problems. Frequent outbreak of pimples is one of them which can be controlled by using milk of magnesia as a skin toner. It decreases the size of the facial pores. As a result, dirt cannot clog up the pores and the skin stays clean. In this way, it prevents pimple eruptions. Apply it on the facial skin with special attention on the T-zone, and leave it untouched for about 10 minutes. After that, rinse off with warm water. Initially, use it two times in a week. If you find that it suits your skin, then you can start applying it daily. It becomes difficult to sustain makeup on oily skin throughout the day. So, you can use milk of magnesia as a makeup primer as well. When applied lightly on the skin, it absorbs extra oil and helps to hold the make up for a long time.

For Sunburn: Milk of magnesia has a soothing effect on sunburn. Take some milk of magnesia on cotton ball and wipe it over the affected skin lightly so that a thin layer is formed on the rashes. Allow it to dry up and then go to bed. It will help the sunburn to cool down. Next morning, after you wash it off, you will find that the sunburn does not hurt anymore when touched.

For Skin Rashes: Milk of magnesia acts as an effective disinfectant for many other forms of skin rashes such as diaper rash in infants. Here, I would like to assure the parents that it is absolutely safe for the delicate skin of your little one. However, you have to apply it with a gentle hand without rubbing the area too much. Apply a generous amount of milk of magnesia on the affected part with the help of a cotton ball. Its antacid properties neutralize the acids that cause diaper rash. Repeat the application until the rashes disappear completely.

As such, there is no side effect of using milk of magnesia on skin problems. However, if you have a sensitive skin or your skin is allergic to magnesium or zinc, then you should not use it on your skin. To be on the safe side, it is advisable to do a patch test on the elbows before applying it on the face.

I have used this for both acne,when i do get a pimple here and there and as a  primer and oil control and i have to say it works.. just buy the non flavored one you can also buy the dupe they sell at dollar tree. 

by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenny0709
by Jenny on May. 22, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I have heard of doing this, but never tried it myself. Thanks for sharing! :o)

mstrendygirl
by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I have been doing it lately and i have to say i love how it's left my face and it helps with my oily skin i get your welcome :) 

Quoting jenny0709:

jenny0709
by Jenny on May. 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM

It's amazing how one inexpensive product can do so many things! :o)

Quoting mstrendygirl:

I have been doing it lately and i have to say i love how it's left my face and it helps with my oily skin i get your welcome :) 

Quoting jenny0709:

loriec
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I haven't tried it but maybe I will get a bottle now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loriec
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM
It is! :)

Quoting jenny0709:

Quoting mstrendygirl:

Quoting jenny0709:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerpentsKiss
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I should try it under my foundation.

mstrendygirl
by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Right i agree

Quoting jenny0709:

Quoting mstrendygirl:

Quoting jenny0709:

MrsChairez
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mspecan_tan
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ... I'm going to try this.

mstrendygirl
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:37 PM

your welcome ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)