Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Your Opinion...

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am wanting to try out new makeup. I usually use the NYC/Wet n' Wild eyeliner, the CoverGirl Clean Pressed powder, Falsies mascara, and some unmarked Ulta blush. I am starting to get bored with the same old look and the same old products which to me, don't seem to be working anymore. What do you all think I should use? I love the natural look for the foundation but wild sexy eyes here and there. I am just not sure what I should try/consider getting.

I use WalMart/Target & Ulta. So if the products you use are there, that would be even better :)

by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixiemg1
by Amy on May. 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are looking for inexpensive NYX is great.  You can get it at Ulta.  They have a ton of eyeshadow colors and they are very pigmented.  Quite a few of them are dupes for MAC shadows.  I also like their blushes, lipsticks, lip glosses and eyeliners.  Utla normally has them on sale too which is great.  Urban Decay also makes some great eyeshadows too.  Lots of fun colors and great pigmentation.   Are you using eye primer?  Using that will make shadow stay on longer and makes is more vibrant.  

mstrendygirl
by on May. 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM

she pretty much mentioned ones i was gonna suggest, other good brands that i like that  are pretty good are pyhsicans formula, milani,hard candy, rimmel, revlon

Quoting pixiemg1:

If you are looking for inexpensive NYX is great.  You can get it at Ulta.  They have a ton of eyeshadow colors and they are very pigmented.  Quite a few of them are dupes for MAC shadows.  I also like their blushes, lipsticks, lip glosses and eyeliners.  Utla normally has them on sale too which is great.  Urban Decay also makes some great eyeshadows too.  Lots of fun colors and great pigmentation.   Are you using eye primer?  Using that will make shadow stay on longer and makes is more vibrant.  

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Hard candy from Walmart has very pretty highlighters and milani at any drugstore has pretty blushes. Revlon lip butters are nice for low maintenance looks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnnybgood
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Actually ulta brand is pretty good! I love benefit and urban decay too! Revlon photo ready is amazing as far as foundation and powder that's all I use and I love it, it's stays put all dang day! It's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnnybgood
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Oops I meant colorstay... Not photo ready!

Quoting johnnybgood:

Actually ulta brand is pretty good! I love benefit and urban decay too! Revlon photo ready is amazing as far as foundation and powder that's all I use and I love it, it's stays put all dang day! It's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymama0710
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM
NYX jumbo eye pencils are amazing!!! I use one in Milk for eye shadow primer!!! ELF has a great gel eye liner... MFFX is online abd GREAT mineral eyeshadows for cheap..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM

at Ulta I love Smashbox and Benefit.  I like Lorac too, they all make great shadows. 

ae86mommy
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I only use NYX :) lots of fun products in fun colors and such great quality for the price :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Ava.Ayden
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Thanks girls! Looks like I have a lot of "makeup" shopping to do now. I hope I like these products as much as you do! Stay beautiful!!

mspecan_tan
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM

You could also try ELF in Target ... very inexpensive.

I also like Loreal HIP shadows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)