Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions for shorter hair? UPDATE with picture, Finally!

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

I've not had a haircut for 5 or 6 years. I haven't had a new hairstyle since I was 7 years old, or possibly before. I have a lot of damage from malnutrition as a child, and I've been wanting to get it cut for a while. Preferably, I'd like something way different.  I'd prefer shorter cuts to get rid of some of the damage, and also because I lost clumps when I was younger(again... malnutrition) which are now much shorter than the rest of my hair. Pictures, for reference:

The last one is just to show my face shape a little better. :) I'm only looking for a cut, not a new colour.

Update: I finally did it!

The first rock thrown again,
Welcome to Hell, Little Saint

Mother Gaia in slaughter,
Welcome to Paradise, Soldier

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomoLS
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM

With your very beautiful facial structure I would go for a chin-length bob that's a bit shorter in the back and longer at your chin. Blunt bangs would be nice, but they're harder to upkeep; so that part is up to you.

Short-do would look good on you, because you have huge eyes - so accentuate them!

Have fun :)

littlemascara
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

find some xuts you like and take the pix to your stylist, and let her help you choose based on your texture and how much maintenance you want.  Many short styles are pretty much wash and wear, and you can just mess a little product in and go.  You'l look great with short hair.  Here are a few;

Stylish short hairstyles & haircuts

Vicariously
by Me on Jun. 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM

How much work are you willing or able to put into your hair? On a daily basis that is.. Some short hair styles take a fair amount of product and time to look good.

Vicariously
by Me on Jun. 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Easy style. Wash and wear if your hair isn't very curly naturally.

Choppy bob with side swept bangs.

I kinda like this one. Same style. Messy and polished =)

kit_manson
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I'm pretty laissez-faire. I don't mind styling it to go out, or such. If I'm just home with the kid though, not too much time. Maybe a half hour or so?

Quoting Vicariously:

How much work are you willing or able to put into your hair? On a daily basis that is.. Some short hair styles take a fair amount of product and time to look good.

The first rock thrown again,
Welcome to Hell, Little Saint

Mother Gaia in slaughter,
Welcome to Paradise, Soldier

Vicariously
by Me on Jun. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I would try to avoid anything with a lot of bangs in the face then. The pictures always look good, but in reality it would be a PITA lol... I found this picture for a different post. It's one of my favorite short style I haveseen (even thought I keep my hair really long). It's got a little of the bangs issue tho. I hope you find something you like! Do a after pic post =) I love those.

Quoting kit_manson:

I'm pretty laissez-faire. I don't mind styling it to go out, or such. If I'm just home with the kid though, not too much time. Maybe a half hour or so?

Quoting Vicariously:

ShutterBug3
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Actually a lot of bang in the face is not at all hard to work with. I have a pixie cut with long bangs, looks pretty much just like this but brown. I can get this look in about 10 minutes. I blow dry my bangs straight down,let my flat iron heat while I do this. Flatten my bangs down at an angle, use a small amount of hair wax then done. Literally less then 10 min from wet to styled. Super easy and cute. I LOVE it.

Quoting Vicariously:

I would try to avoid anything with a lot of bangs in the face then. The pictures always look good, but in reality it would be a PITA lol... I found this picture for a different post. It's one of my favorite short style I haveseen (even thought I keep my hair really long). It's got a little of the bangs issue tho. I hope you find something you like! Do a after pic post =) I love those.

Quoting kit_manson:

Quoting Vicariously:

ShutterBug3
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

The main thing to keep in mind when getting a short cut is the upkeep. It is super easy to fix, but you have to get a trim every 4-6 weeks to keep the shape. I've had short hair for a very long time. I have a 13 year old and 5 year old twins so I am all about easy.

mspecan_tan
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I vote short cuts as well.

loriec
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I look at you and see bob cut with bangs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)