Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Skin issues

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:28 PM
  • 20 Replies

I hate being pregnant. My nails and hair are super healthy now. but my skin is a war zone. Dry and flaky, then oily and gross. clogged pores, black heads, pimples, and dark circles. UGH. January can't come soon enough. i want to be done being pregnant. 

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Aw that sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Yeah it does. And I'm doing everything right too. Drinking TONS of water, and green tea, lots of high antioxidant foods, and trying to get enough rest. Cleansing well, and moisturizing like crazy. But my skin hates me. :( 

Quoting Apr1l:

Aw that sucks

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Your skin doesn't hate you. It's the hormones that are bringing about the havoc with your skin. Just adjust your routine. if your skin is currently oily, then you might want to use products for oily skin for now... until it changes again.

ruby_jewel_04
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Thats the problem. i have always been oily. But relatively clear as far as break outs go. Now it changes day to day. One day I may be oily, and the next Its a desert on my face. its ridiculous. I don't want to change my routine daily. i feel like that would be worse for my skin. :(

Quoting kika.fleur:

Your skin doesn't hate you. It's the hormones that are bringing about the havoc with your skin. Just adjust your routine. if your skin is currently oily, then you might want to use products for oily skin for now... until it changes again.

xxMocahFrappxx
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Yes!

Quoting kika.fleur:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Does the dryness/flakiness and breakout occur in certain zones only?

If you use gentle products for combination skin that should work for when it's also dry. Try to also use products that are fragance and colouring-free so that you eliminate ingredients that might be irritating your skin.

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

Thats the problem. i have always been oily. But relatively clear as far as break outs go. Now it changes day to day. One day I may be oily, and the next Its a desert on my face. its ridiculous. I don't want to change my routine daily. i feel like that would be worse for my skin. :(

Quoting kika.fleur:

gonepink
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM

May I ask what brand of skincare you are using, as well as what your regimen is...I may be able to bring you some relief =)

Christine

hiba84
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I remember that phase, it really sucked. Nothing would work and my skin was making me very nervous.

Vicariously
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Sorry hun! I feel your pain. I found the Mint julep mask while I was pregnant for the same reason. My face decided it would be absolutely wonderful after about 4 months tho. Have you gotten any relief yet?

mspecan_tan
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I remember that as well ... try a mask, drink plenty of water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN