Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Could you go BALD and still ......

Posted by   + Show Post

feel BEAUTIFUL?

or would you just hate it? 

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
BeautifulMomof1
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
She's beautiful both ways . .

Quoting loriec:

Idk,maybe completely bald and shiny headed...but the ladies I posted are beautiful women anyway,so maybe that gives them bald points. For example Amber Rose,she was inspired by Sinead O'Connor so she cut her hair. It worked for her instead of hurt her.  She was pretty with hair but she does make short near bald fade look good.

Quoting Vicariously:

Everyone has their own idea of beauty, and bald is not beautiful IMO... Every time I see a picture like the ones from the OP I think that they would look better with hair that was longer.. That's just me though. Some people pull it off better than others. I would never do it unless I didn't have a choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loriec
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:01 AM

So where are you in the transition now? have you grown it back long or you plan to stay short?

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

I was transitioning from relaxed back to my natural texture . . it had been almost 2 years since my last relaxer so I had enough new growth to just trim it, but I had gotten so frustrated with my hair and trying to work with two textures that I just cut it all off . . I cried lol because my hair had never been that short before but I loved the freedom it gave me . .

Quoting loriec:

You remind me of someone I knew from school.  So when you went short,short was it because you were growing your natural hair back healthy or just the style you wanted?    

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

Not bald, but I rocked a short cut for a while and I loved it!

loriec
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree :)

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

She's beautiful both ways . .

Quoting loriec:

Idk,maybe completely bald and shiny headed...but the ladies I posted are beautiful women anyway,so maybe that gives them bald points. For example Amber Rose,she was inspired by Sinead O'Connor so she cut her hair. It worked for her instead of hurt her.  She was pretty with hair but she does make short near bald fade look good.

Quoting Vicariously:

Everyone has their own idea of beauty, and bald is not beautiful IMO... Every time I see a picture like the ones from the OP I think that they would look better with hair that was longer.. That's just me though. Some people pull it off better than others. I would never do it unless I didn't have a choice.

BeautifulMomof1
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm growing it back, although I'm sooo tempted to chop it all off again lol

Quoting loriec:

So where are you in the transition now? have you grown it back long or you plan to stay short?

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

I was transitioning from relaxed back to my natural texture . . it had been almost 2 years since my last relaxer so I had enough new growth to just trim it, but I had gotten so frustrated with my hair and trying to work with two textures that I just cut it all off . . I cried lol because my hair had never been that short before but I loved the freedom it gave me . .

Quoting loriec:

You remind me of someone I knew from school.  So when you went short,short was it because you were growing your natural hair back healthy or just the style you wanted?    

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loriec
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Looking good :) i you cut it off again then you have to wait to grow it again....might as well leave it alone. By the way how long did it take to get that length?

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

Quoting loriec:

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

Quoting loriec:

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

BeautifulMomof1
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
lol I know right . . that's the only thing that keeps me away from the scissors! . . I haven't cut it since March 2011 . .

Here's a comparison pic that I made at the 1 year mark . .

Quoting loriec:

Looking good :) i you cut it off again then you have to wait to grow it again....might as well leave it alone. By the way how long did it take to get that length?

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

Quoting loriec:

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

Quoting loriec:

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaTragedia
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:23 AM
4 moms liked this

I could do it. In MS and HS I rocked the short almost bald fade. Had to go to a barber cause no female would cut my hair like that in a small town. I was inspired by a friend who lost her hair due to chemo. She had a hard time, esp at school, so I just cut mine too.  A few years later I was introduced to Locks of Love and started growing my hair to donate it. 15 years later I still grow it out to donate.

Bald can be beautiful.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Most probably.

ShutterBug3
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM
7 moms liked this

I was bald a few years ago when I was going through treatment. I don't have any photos of me with no hair at all, but this was shortly after is started to grow back. It was about an inch long.

ShutterBug3
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so awesome of you. As someone who has gone through treatments myself I greatly appreciate this. I applaud you.

Quoting BellaTragedia:

I could do it. In MS and HS I rocked the short almost bald fade. Had to go to a barber cause no female would cut my hair like that in a small town. I was inspired by a friend who lost her hair due to chemo. She had a hard time, esp at school, so I just cut mine too.  A few years later I was introduced to Locks of Love and started growing my hair to donate it. 15 years later I still grow it out to donate.

Bald can be beautiful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN