Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

hair ?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
  • 8 Replies
I've had the same hair style for the past 5 years and I ready to cut it. Its just past my shoulders. DH wants be to keep it around about shoulder lath give or take a inch. I need ideas my hair is on the fine side and I like being able to put it up in a bun while babywearing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsKish
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My plain Jane hair
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKish
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

What do you feel about bangs or side bangs?

What about a change of colour or highlights?

MrsKish
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I love the side bangs :)

I was thinking about going red

Quoting kika.fleur:

What do you feel about bangs or side bangs?

What about a change of colour or highlights?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicariously
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I'm totally biased, but go red! Something like a light chestnut red/brown would look really good or a strawberry blonde. You have the skin tone and eye color to make it look natural =)

As far as styling, how much time do you put into your hair? If your hair is naturally that straight I wouldn't go too crazy on layering because it will make the ends look thin. I have fine hair too, so I know it can be a pain... Try to do slight layering starting around mouth or chin length. A small amount of side swept bangs will help to frame your face without taking away too much hair/volume.

(Bangs idea)

earthangel1967
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Vicariously:

I'm totally biased, but go red! Something like a light chestnut red/brown would look really good or a strawberry blonde. You have the skin tone and eye color to make it look natural =)

As far as styling, how much time do you put into your hair? If your hair is naturally that straight I wouldn't go too crazy on layering because it will make the ends look thin. I have fine hair too, so I know it can be a pain... Try to do slight layering starting around mouth or chin length. A small amount of side swept bangs will help to frame your face without taking away too much hair/volume.

(Bangs idea)

Love this picture although I am personally not big on the red color idea I love this hair photo.

Love the idea of bangs I think bangs are gorgeous especially side swept bangs.

Also it would add some body and bounce and volume if you curled your hair too with a round curling iron.

Also you can go to the salon and have the stylist look thru the stylist books with you with your type of hair in mind as you do.

Good luck and have fun

Blinksssss YVONNE

MrsKish
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM
My hair is stubbornly straight.
I curl it with hair spray and gose flat with in 4 mins :P

Love that color :)

Quoting Vicariously:

(Bangs idea)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicariously
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

My hair is slightly more cooperative, but not much... lol It falls flat after about 1 hour. Have you tried blowdrying your hair with volumizing mousse first? That helps a lot. Sock Bun Curls are the only way my hair will hold the curl. They actually work very well.

Post some pics after you figure out what you are going to do =) I love before and afters!

Quoting MrsKish:

My hair is stubbornly straight.
I curl it with hair spray and gose flat with in 4 mins :P

Love that color :)

Quoting Vicariously:

(Bangs idea)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)