Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Quick Poll Question - What is your Natural Hair Color?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What is your Natural Hair Color?

Options:

Black

Dark Brown

Medium Brown

Brown/Blonde

Dirty Blonde

Blonde

Strawberry Blonde

Red

Red/Brown

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 61

View Results

I thought it would be fun to see the chart =) Keep the post bumped for a little while so everyone can answer. (let me know if you need a different option)

Has your color or hair pattern/texture changed over the years?

If you could change your natural color, what would you want?

What colors have you dyed your hair?

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Replies (51-55):
lacilyn
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Growing up it was red red, think Julia Roberts in pretty woman. I hated it with a Passion. Was always told by hairdresser not to dye it bc so many women came to her wanting my shade of red. I never listened and dyed it all the time. Now naturally its more brown with hints of red, but its dyed "dark red brown".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lacilyn
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM
What's henna? I have tried like hell to get red back and right now is the closest I can get to my natural red/brown. My natural hair is brown with red undertones (not enough red, growing up I was like Julia Roberts red/brown in pretty woman I want that back!!!) Right now its a dark red brown from sallys and though I like it, I wish it had more red.

Quoting Vicariously:

YAY for Henna! I love that it ends up looking so natural too. Some of the best dyed red hair I have seen was from henna =)

Quoting SandraJo:

I have medium dark brown hair. I henna it every time I get a chance though, so It's developing a red tint that i absolutely love.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganCandy666
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
1. Nope it's always been curly & the texture had stayed the same.

2. I love having natural dark brown.

3. I have had my hair every color there is, it's an addiction:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicariously
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

You are te 2nd person to say that (had red hair; hated it; dyed it; natural hair turned brown)... I almost did the same thing. I've resisted the occasional urge to dye it. I'm going to wait for it to go gray, and then dye it 10 different colors...lol

Anyways, Henna is an all natural dye that has been used in India for 1000's of years. It makes anywhere form a dark brown to a vibrant red color with no damage. I have never used it - I cant recommend a brand or anything - but I know a lot of ladies who have and it looks beautiful.  

I found this page with some info because the site I was going to try to link (the long hair community..) is down. It's definitely worth looking into!

Quoting lacilyn:

What's henna? I have tried like hell to get red back and right now is the closest I can get to my natural red/brown. My natural hair is brown with red undertones (not enough red, growing up I was like Julia Roberts red/brown in pretty woman I want that back!!!) Right now its a dark red brown from sallys and though I like it, I wish it had more red.

Quoting Vicariously:

YAY for Henna! I love that it ends up looking so natural too. Some of the best dyed red hair I have seen was from henna =)

Quoting SandraJo:

I have medium dark brown hair. I henna it every time I get a chance though, so It's developing a red tint that i absolutely love.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Mine is medium brown. I had it foiled into 2 or 3 shades of blonde for years which took 3 hours in the salon every 2 mos and was expensive. I am really enjoying just having my natural hair color so easily and affordably and my husband likes it dark better and his preference matters a LOT to me.  I'll color it as close to my nat hair color as possible when I start to get gray hair someday Until then I am DONE changing colors

Blinksssss YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)