Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

How do you clean false eye lashes?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 18 Replies

Or do you? I would hate to have to just get rid of them and get new ones, as they are not the cheapest thing out there.

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbush0584
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I get new ones...not every time but about once a month. I use make up remover but I heard it was bad for them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

hmmm that would be awesome I want to know now. on the google search! LOL

littlemascara
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

you can only wear most of them a few times.  you can use a gentle makeup remover, but after 3-5 wearings, they need to be tossed. 

Zimmerchild
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Thanks so much! :D

Quoting littlemascara:

you can only wear most of them a few times.  you can use a gentle makeup remover, but after 3-5 wearings, they need to be tossed. 

alibrezzy154
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:34 AM
I looked it up and you can use makeup remover, baby wipes, and shampoo also rubbing alcohol. Some say you can others says don't soak in makeup remover or alcohol. And all you need to do in remove the glue with tweezers and use any of the things I mentioned to sanitize and remove mascara. So they are clean and ready for use again.
Zimmerchild
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Quoting alibrezzy154:

I looked it up and you can use makeup remover, baby wipes, and shampoo also rubbing alcohol. Some say you can others says don't soak in makeup remover or alcohol. And all you need to do in remove the glue with tweezers and use any of the things I mentioned to sanitize and remove mascara. So they are clean and ready for use again.

Thank you so much. I'm normally really big on looking up things like this, but lately I've been having issues with my eyes and can't see as well what I'm reading. So I really do appreciate all the help from everyone. :D

alibrezzy154
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Zimmerchild:

Ha ha dont even worry about it. I love it! I'll do it anytime and anyway I would have never realized cleaning false lashes until you asked anyway either so thank you!
Chillisarah
by Sarah-Marie on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting littlemascara:

Zimmerchild
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Ha ha dont even worry about it. I love it! I'll do it anytime and anyway I would have never realized cleaning false lashes until you asked anyway either so thank you!

I actually cleaned my main pair last night with a lotion based eye makeup remover, it did wonders. :D

mspecan_tan
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I thought you tossed them after one wear anyway ... guess not.

Quoting littlemascara:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)