Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Face scrub???

I like St Ives apricot scrub but more lately I have been mixing baking soda, honey and milk for a scrub.

So what's your favorite?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
psych_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

It has great reviews so I am thinking of trying it this week. If it works then I want to try Mary Kays mineral foundation.

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

I was actually just gonna suggest the simple line. I haven't personally used it but have heard great things about it.

Quoting psych_mom:

Nope. There are even shampoos, eye drops, and things like that that will cause me to get red welts on my face. Calming creams that are suppose to help with redness often make my face redder and cause me more issues. I am going to try the Simple skin care line and see if that works.

Quoting alibrezzy154:

really? not even the cleansers or scrubs for sensitive skin doesn't work?

Quoting psych_mom:

I don't wear foundation because my skin is so sensitive.

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Eek, have you tried ocm? Does the plain water take your make up off??

Quoting psych_mom:

I just use water to wash my face. Just about everything that I have ever put on my face has caused it to break out.

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Ohhh do a review for us :) let us know how it works for you :)

Quoting psych_mom:

It has great reviews so I am thinking of trying it this week. If it works then I want to try Mary Kays mineral foundation.

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

I was actually just gonna suggest the simple line. I haven't personally used it but have heard great things about it.

Quoting psych_mom:

Nope. There are even shampoos, eye drops, and things like that that will cause me to get red welts on my face. Calming creams that are suppose to help with redness often make my face redder and cause me more issues. I am going to try the Simple skin care line and see if that works.

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Quoting psych_mom:

I just use water to wash my face. Just about everything that I have ever put on my face has caused it to break out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Will do:)

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Ohhh do a review for us :) let us know how it works for you :)

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Quoting psych_mom:

alibrezzy154
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this

oh ok I get it. ha ha neither is my husband lol. thank god for cafemom!!! lol!

Quoting psych_mom:

Believe it or not, I have never had an acne issue, just my skin gets these awful welts or really bad red places. I guess I didn't use the right wording in my first response. Break outs wasn't the right word. I guess irritation was a better word for me to use- sorry, not use to talking about beauty stuff anymore, lol. My husband doesn't make for a great conversationalist when it comes to skin issues, lol.

Quoting alibrezzy154:

what about natural remedies like a honey cinnamon it's suppose to help with inflamation and redness along with acne on your skin. that's crazy btw. i'm sorry! I hope your able to find something that works!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Quoting psych_mom:

psych_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, very true. Gotta love CafeMom!

Quoting alibrezzy154:

oh ok I get it. ha ha neither is my husband lol. thank god for cafemom!!! lol!

Quoting psych_mom:

Believe it or not, I have never had an acne issue, just my skin gets these awful welts or really bad red places. I guess I didn't use the right wording in my first response. Break outs wasn't the right word. I guess irritation was a better word for me to use- sorry, not use to talking about beauty stuff anymore, lol. My husband doesn't make for a great conversationalist when it comes to skin issues, lol.

Quoting alibrezzy154:

what about natural remedies like a honey cinnamon it's suppose to help with inflamation and redness along with acne on your skin. that's crazy btw. i'm sorry! I hope your able to find something that works!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Quoting psych_mom:

violetteseyes
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

i also use the St ives apricot. i used to use the clinique acne combination but it became too expesive. im just as happy with St ives

Cuffd
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM

what does the baking soda honey and milk do for the skin ??? i like st ives honey and oatmeal scrub (:

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Honey is a natural anti bacterial agent and the fats in milk is good for your skin and makes it smooth :)

Quoting Cuffd:

what does the baking soda honey and milk do for the skin ??? i like st ives honey and oatmeal scrub (:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlepinkrose
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM

St. Ives is awesome!  They have good hand creams too for rough hands!

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM
St Ives has a lot of great stuff :) I ♥ them LOL!

Quoting littlepinkrose:

St. Ives is awesome!  They have good hand creams too for rough hands!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)