Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101
Face scrub???

I like St Ives apricot scrub but more lately I have been mixing baking soda, honey and milk for a scrub.

So what's your favorite?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
pixiemg1
by Amy on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I have that mask and her Mud mask too.  Love both of them.  Sally Beauty puts them on sale sometimes but they are not too much if you have the beauty club card.  

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

I have heard very good things about queen Helene, I have been dying to try there mint julep mask.

Quoting pixiemg1:

I like Queen Helene Cocoa Butter one and the Pomegrante & Raspberry one.  I have both in my shower and alternate between them.

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Which I do LOL!!! Do you know how much I have saved on hair dye alone hahahahahahaha!!! I am gonna go check it out soon.

Quoting pixiemg1:

I have that mask and her Mud mask too.  Love both of them.  Sally Beauty puts them on sale sometimes but they are not too much if you have the beauty club card.  

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

I have heard very good things about queen Helene, I have been dying to try there mint julep mask.

Quoting pixiemg1:

I like Queen Helene Cocoa Butter one and the Pomegrante & Raspberry one.  I have both in my shower and alternate between them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShutterBug3
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I have issues with face scrubs, seems every one I use makes mt face really red. I have even tried some homemade ones out of all natural products and my skin still reacted poorly. The baking soda, honey and milk sounds less abrasive though. I might have to give that a try. Do you have a special recipe?

Phippsandrea
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

i use just baking soda and water.

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:20 PM
No, I just mix till its pasty LOL! I do try to use equal parts of milk and honey.

Quoting ShutterBug3:

I have issues with face scrubs, seems every one I use makes mt face really red. I have even tried some homemade ones out of all natural products and my skin still reacted poorly. The baking soda, honey and milk sounds less abrasive though. I might have to give that a try. Do you have a special recipe?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I just use water to wash my face. Just about everything that I have ever put on my face has caused it to break out.

Vicariously
by Me on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No scrubs for me ATM. I've had a horrible time trying to clear my face up and now that it's getting better I'm too weary to put anything different on. I do want to try St.Ives apricot scrub eventually. Probably in winter when things get really dry.  

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Eek, have you tried ocm? Does the plain water take your make up off??

Quoting psych_mom:

I just use water to wash my face. Just about everything that I have ever put on my face has caused it to break out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, don't chance it now. I do have to say though, St Ives is very gental so it will probably be great for you.

Quoting Vicariously:

No scrubs for me ATM. I've had a horrible time trying to clear my face up and now that it's getting better I'm too weary to put anything different on. I do want to try St.Ives apricot scrub eventually. Probably in winter when things get really dry.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I use St Ives apricot or I make my own. It differs, but usually its honey, lemon, brown sugar, and oatmeal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)