Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

adding colour...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 8 Replies

I want to add blue to my hair (not like black/blue) but light blue or royal blue... and just peekaboo streaks, or on the underneath part of my hair. I dont want anything permanent... I have naturaly curly think hair... any suggestions how to go about it?

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
littleinsect
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
If you don't have light blonde hair you will have to bleach your hair to have the blue show up... Darker blonde hair is too yellow and it will turn green with a few shampoos. I have blue in my hair right now underneath and I love it, but it is a little bit of a commitment and needs to be retouched every 6 weeks or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Dolly
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM

what about extensions or ones you add onto your hair?

Vicariously
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:30 AM

This is what I was thinking. It would probably be a lot easier. I have never tried any (I want to) so I can't recommend anything.. If you end up buying some post some Pic's! I love blue in hair =)

You could try chalk too. I'll try to find a link.

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

Vicariously
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Here is the link with instructions and a picture tutorial.

(Side note) - It lasts 3ish washes, but will dry your hair out a bit. If you want to try it out before dyeing this would be a good test run. Do small sections. After it washes out make sure you use a good deep conditioner to counteract the dryness.

mspecan_tan
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Good idea.

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

Mama_Dolly
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I was thinking the extensions.... because my hair is dark brown lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loriec
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM

extensions are perect for what you want to do. I used to put in some and blend my hair with it,so it looked like streaks.

littlemascara
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I agree with extentions... bleaching is so hard on hair, and bright colors like that fade pretty fast.  YOu can get natural hair extentions that you can cut and curls, wash, etc just like your own hair and if you decide you just love it, then consider bleaching.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)