Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Pale polishes: Edited: Added photo

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM
  • 13 Replies

I need a few good pale polishes. I have one, Essie Muchi,Muchi. I generally do not wear them, but my poor nails have been through a lot recently and need a break from all the change, so I want something simple for a while. I would really like a good skin toned color, but something that will cover my nail. I don't like anything really sheer, needs to be opaque. Any recommendations?

Edit:

This is the Essie I have. I decided to go with something simple this week. I had to have some nail art though, I just don't feel right with plain nails lol. For a pale color I really like this one.

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixiemg1
by Amy on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm, not sure.  I don't wear pale polishes.  I think the only one I have that is lighter is Butter London All Hail the Queen.  I know Essie makes a lot of paler polishes.  Maybe look at WNW Megalast polishes,   They have 4 that are in the nude/brown family and they are actually quite nice.   Also, look at Sinful polishes too.  They are .99 this week at Walgreens.  

Vicariously
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I don't really do many pale colors either... The few I have are all Essie. This one is Eternal Optimist. it's the 1st color I thought of after reading your post.

ShutterBug3
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I like that one!

Quoting Vicariously:

I don't really do many pale colors either... The few I have are all Essie. This one is Eternal Optimist. it's the 1st color I thought of after reading your post.

Mama2AmLi
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I like that pink 

mstrendygirl
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Thats really pretty luv the pink

littlemascara
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quoting pixiemg1:

Hmm, not sure.  I don't wear pale polishes.  I think the only one I have that is lighter is Butter London All Hail the Queen.  I know Essie makes a lot of paler polishes.  Maybe look at WNW Megalast polishes,   They have 4 that are in the nude/brown family and they are actually quite nice.   Also, look at Sinful polishes too.  They are .99 this week at Walgreens.  

I was gonna sail All Hail The Queen too

Deb Lippman makes a lot of great pales and neutrals too

Vicariously
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM

...I have never wanted a glittery polish so badly in my life... lol

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting pixiemg1:

Vicariously
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Quoting ShutterBug3:

I like that one!

Quoting Vicariously:

I don't look great with most pale colors, but this one leans to the brown side =)

littlemascara
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Quoting Vicariously:

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting pixiemg1:

well, I'm not kidding, it's seriously grogeous.  If I could only have ONE polish, I'd pick this... even over pink! it's THAT beautiful, and god knows I love pink.  Treat yourself and get it, you'll smile every time you see your nails!  and, it LASTS.  They make wonderful polish.  here's a better pic

http://www.kelliegonzo.com/2011/05/butter-london-all-hail-queen.html

Vicariously
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

If I ever go to the mall again (eventually...lol) I'm getting it!

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting Vicariously:

well, I'm not kidding, it's seriously grogeous.  If I could only have ONE polish, I'd pick this... even over pink! it's THAT beautiful, and god knows I love pink.  Treat yourself and get it, you'll smile every time you see your nails!  and, it LASTS.  They make wonderful polish.  here's a better pic

http://www.kelliegonzo.com/2011/05/butter-london-all-hail-queen.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)