Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

A chore or fun

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 28 Replies

Is putting on makeup mostly a chore to you or mostly fun.  A challenge?   Or..how would you describe it? 

For me it's fun and exciting, a bit a of a challenge because I try to do new things every time.  It's part of my "me" time.  I don't wear makeup every day but when I do I get really giddy about it.  It's almost ritualistic lol.

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsRkg
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Not really a chore, not really fun, just another necessary thing that I have to do to get ready to go out like brushing my teeth and combing my hair. I see it as another part of daily life.

Apr1l
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I agree just part of getting ready, I feel fresh and put together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM

It is just something that I do every day.  I don't see it as a chore but it is not necessarily fun either unless I am going out or somewhere special.  

Phippsandrea
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

i rarely wear makeup. so i def have fun when i put it on.

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Nah, I am soo over makeup.  I only wear it now when I get dressed up.  I don't wear it every day.  My make up of choice now is Lorel Mineral foundation, eye shadow, long wearing lip stick and Mabyline's waterproof mascara in brown.  I used to use the black, but now I like a more subtle look.

ae86mommy
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM
It's alot of fun! I make the husband watch both babies an I stretch it out to take like a half hour :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Sarah-Marie on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Quoting ae86mommy:

It's alot of fun! I make the husband watch both babies an I stretch it out to take like a half hour :)

Same here.  Like I mentioned it's kind of a ritual for me.  I turn on Little Einsteins or SuperWhy for the kids and get them some snacks.  Put my ds in his high chair with his snacks.  Turn on my favorite music.  Get out my beauty mirror and get to work lol. I love it.

MamisAngels
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
It's fun for me. I feel like its art time, lol. It's creative expression using the body's natural features. I guess the challenge can be finding a focus, whether to accentuate eyes or lips, make them bold, natural or dramatic.

"Beauty is God's handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM
It depends on the day, usually its fun :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loriec
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Never a chore,because I am happy to do it,like a kid playing a game!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)