Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Desperatly needing help!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
So ever since I was pregnant with ky last child I have had skin issues on my face. I know how to lightly conceal my red spots. But my problem lies in my upper lip. It turned a brown color and looks like a mustache. It is so embarrassing. I am very pale so I have yet to fund a concealer lighter than my skintone. Any ideas on how to hide this brown patch?
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
littlemascara
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

sounds like melasma, or "prgnancy mask".  For many women, the discoloration fades over time or or you can use skin care products that lighten and brighten skin.  They are hundreds in all price brackets. LMK if you want some suggestions. 

My DD is 17, and she is SO FAIR, like near transluscent, ya know?  I get her Mally concealer, it's the only one we've found that's fair enough without being too pink or too yellow.  The color we get is FAIR

Best Seller

you can also get individual refils, and if you just want the cream part (but I think it works better with the sheer HD powder) there is this
I use this one from Mally and it's also very fair, in fact I only use it under my eyes because it's so fair!
littlemascara
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Here's info on melasma, it's pretty common especially in us very fair ladies!

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Melasma is a dark skin discoloration that appears on sun-exposed areas of the face. Symptoms: Melasma doesn't cause any other symptoms besides skin discoloration but may be of great cosmetic concern. A uniform brown color is ...
Causes - Symptoms - Tests - Treatment - Prognosis - Prevention
Trixi.VonLace
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM
I think lilM gave you some great advice :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysta82
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Thank you I will check this out. It was real bad when my 6 year old asked me if i had a mustache. Hopefully it goes away soon. I tried lemon juice and it helped lighten it a bit but it stopped working at a certain point. Thank you!
littlemascara
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM

make sure you are being REALLY good about wearing sunscreen.  You might look into BB creams, the conceal, treat and have SPF all in one product. :)

Poohy1975
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I actually had this issue about 6 years ago. I got so tired of it,mainly cause i rarely wear makeup, that i went to my doc. He gave me bleaching cream. Worked wonders. Thankfully it was totally gone by the time i walked down the aisle.

crysta82
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM
I always wear sunscreen! I also wear a big dorky sun hat :) I usually just avoid the sun all together. I battled skin cancer 4yrs ago so I am Sun free anymore.
mspecan_tan
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Right, I was thinking the samething.

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

I think lilM gave you some great advice :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN