Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

I know I've posted that I use the professional line of makeup by  Mirabella.  IMO It's the greatest EVER.  I love how smoothly it goes on, and how soft the powders, shadows and blushes are, and OMG the brushes!!!!  Especially the Kabuki brush!!!   I finally decided to bite the bullet and bring the line into the salon and offer makeup services as well. I'm licensed for it, may as well make $ on it; right?!  So by bringing it in, I've had to opportunity to try out a few other things that I hadn't tried before.  The one that surprised me the most was the face primer.  It comes in a tiny tube, but a tiny bit goes a LONG ways!  I've always been one to use a facial moisturizer with spf 15 as my "primer".  It's served me well... but this stuff???  HOLY COW!  It feels cool going on, and my makeup not only goes on much smoother, but it lasts longer as well.  I can't believe I've lived without it so long! 

Anywho, here's a pic of the Mirabella Kabuki brush and the primer.  You can't find these in stores, but next time you go to a salon (not a chain), even if they don't carry Mirabella, ASK if they can get it from their supplier. I promise you won't regret it!  Even if you try nothing else, at least try the primer! :) 

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
ripemango
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM

thank you for finding some reviews, 2day :)

Quoting praisinghim2day:

http://www.bestcovery.com/mirabella-pure-press - here's another review on mirabella, but it's advertising the makeup and kabuki brush on amazon for $31.  PLEASE BEWARE OF PURCHASING THIS!  The brush alone retails for $49.50.

http://www.skin-one.com/mirabella-brand.html - This is a great place for reviews!!.  Click on the stars beside the product you want to see the review on, then on the left hand side of your screen is where the reviews are.  Although it says "guaranteed fresh", I do see a discontinued item here *lip and cheek ink*.  Buyer beware.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

praisinghim2day
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

You're very welcome!  Also, just wanted to let you know, that I checked on the skin-one website through my Mirabella Rep.  They really and truly ARE an authorized dealer.  So order with confidence from http://www.skin-one.com/ :) Also, in one of the reviews, it says that the Mirabella products are cheaper there than in the salon... however; I checked all the prices against my retail price sheet.  They are identical.  The only difference is that you pay shipping online, and in the salon you won't.

Quoting ripemango:

thank you for finding some reviews, 2day :)

Quoting praisinghim2day:

http://www.bestcovery.com/mirabella-pure-press - here's another review on mirabella, but it's advertising the makeup and kabuki brush on amazon for $31.  PLEASE BEWARE OF PURCHASING THIS!  The brush alone retails for $49.50.

http://www.skin-one.com/mirabella-brand.html - This is a great place for reviews!!.  Click on the stars beside the product you want to see the review on, then on the left hand side of your screen is where the reviews are.  Although it says "guaranteed fresh", I do see a discontinued item here *lip and cheek ink*.  Buyer beware.

MamisAngels
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I'm the same. My skin is combination type and sensitive and I tried different things for the longest. Mary Kay did it for me. I like all the products I've tried. Their primer is great for flawless lasting foundation application and their makeup brushes are professional quality.
I may be biased but being an MK Consultant as well ;-) but as a cosmetologist I use the products on my clients as well and they are always pleased with the results.

Quoting mspecan_tan:

This is me as well ... I'm set in my ways and I've been using Mary Kay for quite sometime and love it. My face does not adapt to change well.

Quoting ShutterBug3:

Never heard of this stuff before. I am pretty set in my ways when it comes to my make-up. I have been using Bare Minerals for about 8 years now. I LOVE the Bare Minerals Kabuki brush, I swear it is magical!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I am also a cosmetologist too :)  How long have you been doing hair & makeup?  I didn't like the MK brushes nearly as well. I think "professional quality" is just a tag line companies use to fool people who don't know the difference. 

Quoting MamisAngels:

I'm the same. My skin is combination type and sensitive and I tried different things for the longest. Mary Kay did it for me. I like all the products I've tried. Their primer is great for flawless lasting foundation application and their makeup brushes are professional quality.
I may be biased but being an MK Consultant as well ;-) but as a cosmetologist I use the products on my clients as well and they are always pleased with the results.

Quoting mspecan_tan:

This is me as well ... I'm set in my ways and I've been using Mary Kay for quite sometime and love it. My face does not adapt to change well.

Quoting ShutterBug3:

Never heard of this stuff before. I am pretty set in my ways when it comes to my make-up. I have been using Bare Minerals for about 8 years now. I LOVE the Bare Minerals Kabuki brush, I swear it is magical!

MamisAngels
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I've been doing hair & makeup as a licensed cosmetologist about 6 years.
Before that I learned from my mother, & although she didn't go to school for it she was the go-to person for hair needs in the family, & when I was about 13 I'd get family and friends coming to me for special occassions. It's been something I always enjoyed. After being in the social work field a few years I decided to pursue my dreams and study cosmetology. I love it all. It's great to see the expression on other's faces when they see themselves in the mirror after a service. Feeling good and looking good go hand in hand. :-)
And you're right, lots of companies will market their products as professional quality to attract people who don't know the difference. I feel the MK brushes are labeled professional but made for personal use, if that makes sense? lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Isn't it just the most fun profession ever??!!  I've been behind the chair for 13 years and can't imagine doing anything else. :) 

Quoting MamisAngels:

I've been doing hair & makeup as a licensed cosmetologist about 6 years.
Before that I learned from my mother, & although she didn't go to school for it she was the go-to person for hair needs in the family, & when I was about 13 I'd get family and friends coming to me for special occassions. It's been something I always enjoyed. After being in the social work field a few years I decided to pursue my dreams and study cosmetology. I love it all. It's great to see the expression on other's faces when they see themselves in the mirror after a service. Feeling good and looking good go hand in hand. :-)
And you're right, lots of companies will market their products as professional quality to attract people who don't know the difference. I feel the MK brushes are labeled professional but made for personal use, if that makes sense? lol.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM

thanks for the review and good luck with your new services at the salon.

Also your nails look beautiful

Blinksssss YVONNE

praisinghim2day
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Thank you much :)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Chillisarah
by Sarah-Marie on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Thanks for the review!  Maybe I'll try it one day.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Thank you much :)

Quoting earthangel1967:

youre welcome

Blinksssss YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)