Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

How To Wear Neon Accessories

I lived thru the neons of the 80s lol but now I hate them and even more so at my age, but I actually like how they are used in some of these modern examples:

How about you?

Would you wear neon and do you like any of these examples?

How to Wear Neon Accessories

This summer, why not stand out at events with attention-stealing neon accents, a huge trend this season? Electric hues are a fun and unexpected alternative to the stuffy pastels that resurface every year. Throw on a neon accessory before you head out to liven up any outfit.

These stackable enamel bangles from J. Crew are a fun way to lend a new energy to your favorite maxi or sun dress without overdoing it.

The single lime stripe on this Clare Vivier pochette jolts an otherwise beige clutch to life.

This bold piece from Kohl's is definitely not your standard strand of pearls. A chunky neon necklace is a fresh way to enliven and accessorize your favorite LBD.

Not for the faint of heart, these lime green Brian Atwood pumps are a surefire way to invigorate a jeans-and-t-shirt combo.

Here's Khloe Kardashian rocking the neon trend, with a vibrant Proenza Schouler satchel that pops against her all black ensemble. While you're at it check out her shoes! Does she pull it off? What do you think about bright accents?

taken from:

http://elanimagemanagement.com/elanblog/2012/07/16/how-to-wear-neon-accessories/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+elanimagemanagement%2FrJYz+%28Flaunting+It+with+the+Image+Diva%3A%29

Blinksssss YVONNE

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Replies (11-14):
loriec
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I do own a neon yellow top. I bought it online so I didn't know how vibrant it actually was. But it looks cute,I actually like the way I look in it.

I can rock neon accessories if I had them. Accessories are compliments to the whole ensemble. If your not sure whether you want to go complete neon then throwing on a neon bangle with your basic neutral outfit,like all black. The neon jewelry piece will create a fashion masterpiece!  

MamisAngels
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I like khloe's outfit and how the bright accessories bring it together.
And the bangles are cute.

"Beauty is God's handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

earthangel1967
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting loriec:

I do own a neon yellow top. I bought it online so I didn't know how vibrant it actually was. But it looks cute,I actually like the way I look in it.

I can rock neon accessories if I had them. Accessories are compliments to the whole ensemble. If your not sure whether you want to go complete neon then throwing on a neon bangle with your basic neutral outfit,like all black. The neon jewelry piece will create a fashion masterpiece!  

Yes if used sparingly or as an accent piece then I think anyone could pull it off and it makes your whole outfit POP. : )

Blinksssss YVONNE

littlemascara
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 5:39 AM

I'm with you... I lived through those in 80s and omg I'm so sick of the 80s! Cute for teens... not for me at 42.  I like that bag, but it's not really neon looking.  I like small amounts like in nail polish or a small accessory but not clothes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)