Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Pregnancy mask/adult acne

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 11 Replies
Im 27 years old and have been fighting acne since i was a teenager!! 2 years ago I had a baby and I got the pregnancy mask!! So I'm still fighting acne and now I have the pregnancy mask!! I don't like my face right now!! Does anyone have any products that actually work!! I've tried so many things!! I'm tired of fighting with my face everyday!!
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chillisarah
by Sarah-Marie on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Maybe try some all natural tips.  Like making and using an apple cider vinegar toner on your skin.  And then also coconut oil is antibacterial and it is good for the skin too.  Both of those have amazing properties and I would try it because you probably have tried every over the counter product and sometimes natural is the best way to go.  I have also heard that making sure you take prenatal pills and eat carrots daily will improve acne.  Read the links below. Hope this helps.

http://www.skinacea.com/acne/acne-treatment-acv.html

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/coconut-oil-for-acne.html

BellaTragedia
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I agree with Sarah.

Tea Tree oil is also a great  natural remedy for acne. And always remember sunscreen!!

Quoting Chillisarah:

Maybe try some all natural tips.  Like making and using an apple cider vinegar toner on your skin.  And then also coconut oil is antibacterial and it is good for the skin too.  Both of those have amazing properties and I would try it because you probably have tried every over the counter product and sometimes natural is the best way to go.  I have also heard that making sure you take prenatal pills and eat carrots daily will improve acne.  Read the links below. Hope this helps.

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/coconut-oil-for-acne.html

mspecan_tan
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Or contact your doctor.....I had to result to that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Sarah-Marie on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I second this.

Quoting BellaTragedia:

I agree with Sarah.

Tea Tree oil is also a great  natural remedy for acne. And always remember sunscreen!!

Quoting Chillisarah:

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Quoting mspecan_tan:

This is what I would do... I would ask for referral to see actual dermatologist for advice and treatment of both issues. Goodluck HUGS

Blinksssss YVONNE

littlemascara
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Quoting mspecan_tan:

ditto.  retin-a is something that can clear up acne AND melasma.  and you must wear a good SPF every single day!

jldavis2
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Thanks for the advice..i have been using coconut oil and it has helped a lot!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:17 AM

what's your skin type right now? 

lissetteP
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM
desitin...I swear I works.....put a mask on wen you go to sleep and wen u wake up pm me and tell me how better your face looks..GL!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicariously
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Are you pregnant right now? Do you know your skin type? I've had a horrible time with my face this year... I had a bad reaction to a sunscreen back in Feb and it's taken up to a few weeks ago to clear my skin up... I must have tired 20 products to figure out what works for my skin. Everyone's skin is different, but I think a few of the products I found will work for just about anyone. I cut out a lot of chemicals and tried to go for a more natural routine.

Anything with sulfur will help. Try a face mask with sulfur as an ingredient. I have AcneFree's face mask - which is the less expensive/easier to find drug store proactive knock off lol - and Queen Helen's Mint Julep mask. Both are very good. AcneFree is a little more heavy duty. If you want to really focus on the acne get try that one. I like Queen Helen's better overall. It helps with acne and shrinks your pores a lot better. Either one would be a good addition to your routine. My new favorite sulfur product is Grandpa's Thylox with Sulfur Acne Treatment Bar. Grandpa's brand uses natural ingredients and it's under $4, but you have to order it online. I don't know of any stores it is sold in. I use that to remove makeup before I wash my face.

I use CreaVe'sFoaming Facial Cleanser. It's gentle and very effective. They have a few versions of cleansers for different skin types. It's a very good and relatively inexpensive brand.

I also use Witch Hazel as a toner. T.N. Dickinson's is the brand I use (it's in the first aid section at my Walmart. there are versions in the face section, but those are more expensive and have different additives that you don't really need). It's a 100% natural Astringent. No irritation, gentle and cheap. I apply it with a exfoliating cotton pad - it's a version that is sold that has little bumps on one side. It clears out every last bit of dirt, oil, dead skin and even clogged pores before you put on moisturizer. I would definitely recommend it.

Then, I use Rosehip Seed oil and my moisturizer and put on a little bit of Clean & Clear's Persa Gel 10, which is a 10% benzyl Peroxide spot treatment. It's a must have for stubborn spots. I actually use it on entire problem areas instead of on 'spots'.

I hope some of that helps! Welcome to the group BTW =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)