Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

hair brush

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

what kind of hair brushes and combs do you use?  do you use different kinds for differnt uses?

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiCo86
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't use a hair brush or comb. Never really had to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenny0709
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I use a crappy one by goody i hate it! I want this one.....It's a no tangle brush.

Trixi.VonLace
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:54 AM
I use a cheep plastic bristle brush to detangle my hair, a wide tooth comb when it's wet and a bore bristle brush for finishing, like to smooth flyaways on a pin curl set or victory rolls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:11 AM

jenny, have you tried out this brush before?

a few years ago i fell in love with the Vidal Sassoon Ionic Thermal All Purpose Brush. I still like it, it's just that the little balls on the end have come off on some of the bristles so it hurts when you brush. Thus, I'm in the market for a new 1. 

It looks like the macadamia brush doesn't have any balls on the end, so they'd never break off. I also love that it is green!

Quoting jenny0709:

I use a crappy one by goody i hate it! I want this one.....It's a no tangle brush.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

alibrezzy154
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:21 AM
I have a boar/ regular brush I love! It's got the boar bristles to reduce my frizz and the regular plastic bristles to entangle my hair. Don't know who it by though I've had it for at least a year now. For combs I just one of those teasing pick comb things I use I'm horrible with brush names. Lol.
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I have a boar hair brush. I also have a round one for styling

smem24
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
I use a wide tooth comb on wet hair to detangle it and a brush when It's dryer. I try not to brush my hair when It's wet causes breakage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I use a cushion brush to brush out my hair after I towel dry and then I use a round brush to style.  For Stella I have a Tangle Teezer.

Mommy2B1320
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I use a pink hairbrush. Its the only thing I use because my hair is short now. When it grows out again I will be using a curling iron, and wide tooth comb for when my hair is wet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShutterBug3
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Honestly I could not tell you the brand of my brush to save my life lol. I think they are goody ones. I got them at wal-mart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)