Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

best hair care products...?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi ladies! I have mid back length hair.. my hair isn't super thick but its thick enough i guess lol

My question is.. what should i be using on my hair? (On the cheap lol)

Its dried out, frizzy and admittedly due to stress its kinda falling out...in clumps :/

Ill try to post a pic later.. but what can i do??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

coconut oil hair mask.  leave on for hours then wash out. 

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Aussies 3 Minute Miracle

YVONNE

jenny0709
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I use these

iHay
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:33 AM
I use pantene anti breakage. And coconut oil, i know everyone says to leave it in awhile but what is working better for me (and is more convient) is putting coconut oil on first thing in the shower, doing everything else and last thing washing the coconut oil out. I also do this with olive oil. Oh and i do it every 2 or 3 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I don't think there's one brand that has the perfect or miracle product for everyone. The most important is to use products that are suited for your hair type and condition, and that also suits your budget. Drugstore or supermarket lines are not necessarily inferior to salon products.

What's also importants for hair health is overall body health, so make sure to manage your stress/stressors, eat balanced and nutritious meals, drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated, and exercise on a regular basis.

Vicariously
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM

The best hair care products overall are definitely oil's. For shampoo's and conditioner's, Giovanni if my favorite brand. I like their Root 66 Max Volume the best. It's natural and very gentle. SLS, paraben, phthalate, dye and artificial fragrance free.. Just the basics, but it works very well. I buy it off of Vitacost for under $5. It's $7-$8 in most stores (Walmart). If you want to use Vitacost I can give you a refferal code for $10 off your 1st order. Just let me know.

Anyways, HERE is a list of simple routine changes to improve the quality of your hair. From info on sulfates (sls) to how to reduce frizz. I think you might find it useful, and hopefully somethign in there helps =)

As far as your hair fallign out, it could be a lot of things. Try useing a hair mask with castor oil in it (This is the one I use). This is a link  to info on why castor oil works for hair loss caused by stress, post natal sheading etc...

Trixi.VonLace
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I do an olive oil treatment on my hair once a month (or so LOL) but what I have found has been helping my extremely processed very damaged hair is I quit using shampoo. I wash my hair with conditioner and rinse out the same as I would shampoo then add in more conditioner and let it sit the remainder of my shower and rinse out. Conditioner has a mild detergent in it that is enough to clean the dirt, sweat and product out of your hair. Shampoo is over kill and strips all the natural good oils from your hair. I can't tell you how amazing my hair feels now. I have next to no frizz anymore and it just looks and feels healthier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShutterBug3
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I started using Clear shampoo and conditioner. It is the ONLY shampoo that has been able to help my oldest DD's oily hair. I have dry hair, and it works great for me as well. This is now what I buy for all 5 of us in the house. I get the mens version for my DH and he really likes it too. You can get it at walmart for about $5.

littlemascara
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Quoting Apr1l:

coconut oil hair mask.  leave on for hours then wash out. 

ditto this!!!!!!

KedrynsMommie
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Thank you ladies! Im definitely trying all of these!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN