Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

What is this????

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so I know this is OT, but I need some help identifying this. My 5yo DD has 3 bug bites on her legs. One on the back of her left calf, one on her inner right thing and the 3rd on her outer right calf. The one on the back on her left calf is by far the worst. It is warm to the touch, and feels kinda hard. I have never seen a bug bite like this before. I was paranoid I had bed bugs or something since they seem to be so common now a days. I cleaned the crap out of my kids room, and searched every nook and cranny and did not see a single sign of bugs. I am a total germaphobe and keep my house clean. I am guessing she had to have gotten bit my a mosquito or possibly a spider. Any thoughts?? If it still looks this bad in the morning I am going to call her doctor and see what they say.

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ShutterBug3
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

It looks even redder in person then in this photo. It is huge for a bite, just under 3 inches in diameter. Do y'all think I am just over reacting?? Ugh, if it was on me I would not be so worried, but since it is on my kid I am freaking a little. Oh, and it has gotten bigger since I first saw it this morning.

earthangel1967
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I don't know ... good luck

YVONNE

Trixi.VonLace
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
My 6 year old had bites like this, they were hard and warm to the touch. We took him to the Dr and they gave us a steroid cream to put on them. There pedi said they were mesquito (sp?) Bites and can get infected easily. I would call the pedi in the am and make an appointment just to be safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

My son is the king of bug bites, lol. The doctor told us to put hydrocortizone cream on them and that always helps. They get big and hard because it is a localized allergic reaction to the bite.

littlemascara
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:52 AM

did you try a benedryl?  There's no shame in going to DR!

jordinkaylee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Ummmm. Prob just mesquito bites. But it it worsens go to the dr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)