Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

NOTD - Fall is almost here!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is Essie's Clambake  Velvet Voyage and I love it! I'm going to be wearing it a lot this fall. The best part? I got it for $3! THEN, I had the color on and saw Essie's Luxeffects polishes at Wally World yesterday. I was thinking about LM's NOTD not too long ago and decided to buy 'As Gold as it Gets' to put over it. 

It's pretty frickin awesome! The combo screams fall and I officially have my 1st glitter polish! Unfortunately, I don't have any pic's. Here are a few that look very similar. I guess great minds really do think alike... lol Gold as it Gets over dark brown base.

I'm going to have to try it over Essie's Little Brown Dress ASAP! It's a brown so dark that it almost seems black. I think the gold will pop even more. (I think I love glitter? lol)

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Oooooh! I am seeing many different possibilities with that gold glitter :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Love love love! Those are sooooo pretty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Sarah-Marie on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM

love these!

alibrezzy154
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM

love that gold glitter color!!! so pretty!!!

jenny0709
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Pretty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I am not usually a huge fan of glitter polishes but I genuinely like that gold glitter polish you shared here. Pretty!

YVONNE

ShutterBug3
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I like that combo a lot!

pixiemg1
by Amy on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I like that a lot but that is not Essie Clambake.  I think yours was mislabled.  Clambake is an orange jelly polish and I am thinking that is Little Brown Dress or if it has some red in it, it may be Velvet Voyeur. Either way I love those dark colors for fall and the gold topcoat is gorgeous.

Vicariously
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM

What the hell... Essie is the worst when it comes to mislabeling polishes. They do it all the time! I have little brown dress, and it's a darker brown. It's definitely Velvet Voyeur. Thanks for letting me know! I didn't think it looked much like a polish that would be named Clambake.. lol I'm glad I know the real name now.

Quoting pixiemg1:

I like that a lot but that is not Essie Clambake.  I think yours was mislabled.  Clambake is an orange jelly polish and I am thinking that is Little Brown Dress or if it has some red in it, it may be Velvet Voyeur. Either way I love those dark colors for fall and the gold topcoat is gorgeous.

Vicariously
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I feel the same way about glitter. I'm more of a dark cream polish type. I just knew it would look very pretty over the brown. I like that it's more of a micro glitter instead of chunky. I'm thinking of buying  Pure perfection, which is the silver version too. Then I can make any polish a glitter without the commitment of having a whole bottle of it =)

Quoting earthangel1967:

I am not usually a huge fan of glitter polishes but I genuinely like that gold glitter polish you shared here. Pretty!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)