Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

permed or not?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

my hair's length is 4 inches below my shoulders. Sort of dried cause i tie them with a ponytail all the time cause I cant carry my baby with my hair let down. Im thinking about having it straightened but Im worried it would be useless because I still need to keep it under a ponytail. But of course I dont want to look like I just got off a fight with a chicken. Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Vicariously
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Resist the urge to cut it. That is what I did. You don't have to keep it up forever and a lot of women who cut off all of their hair end up regretting it a year or so when they don't have to carry a baby as much, instead they are running around themselves. The issue is temporary. KWIM? Just find a few cute updo's that will keep your hair out of the way and still look nice. Here's a link to my -HAIR-board on Pinterest. There are a lot of styles there you could try out, or get idea's from.

If you aren't used to having curly hair, a traditional perm might be more trouble than it's worth. You would have to switch products and learn how to deal with frizz, etc... Look up digital perms. They are pretty awesome, but a little expensive and depending on where you live hard to get. If I were brave I would have one... lol But I live in Maine and would have to go down to Boston to get it done (I already looked...).

littlemascara
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I agree, find some easy up-dos, those spin pins are seriously the greatest thing ever. :)

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM

If your hair is dry, then you need to condition it. Use a hair mask once a week. Don't forget to use a condtioner, too. Also, dry hair + perm or straightening = even dryer hair if not damaged hair.

If you need to get your hair out of the way, then you really want to keep the length so that you have more than one option. as Vicariously said, learn a couple of ways to do an updo. You can make a bun aka the classic chignon or a messy one. Learn to do a quick French twist. Braid your hair. Use some hair accessories to change it a bit or even glam it up a bit.

Instead of perming, do the sock curl to have curly hair... and put it up in a ponytail if need be.

I've had my hair straightened, it was great because I didn't need to blow dry or use a hair straightener, but on the other hand the treatment was expensive and the products I was using after that so that my hair wouldn't dry out were expensive, too. It was probably *the* most expensive hair treatment that I had ever done in my life. Plus, with the type of treatment that I had, it was impossible to have curly hair after that. it took me years to grow out the straight straight hair.

mspecan_tan
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I agree with the below.

Quoting Vicariously:

Resist the urge to cut it. That is what I did. You don't have to keep it up forever and a lot of women who cut off all of their hair end up regretting it a year or so when they don't have to carry a baby as much, instead they are running around themselves. The issue is temporary. KWIM? Just find a few cute updo's that will keep your hair out of the way and still look nice. Here's a link to my -HAIR-board on Pinterest. There are a lot of styles there you could try out, or get idea's from.

If you aren't used to having curly hair, a traditional perm might be more trouble than it's worth. You would have to switch products and learn how to deal with frizz, etc... Look up digital perms. They are pretty awesome, but a little expensive and depending on where you live hard to get. If I were brave I would have one... lol But I live in Maine and would have to go down to Boston to get it done (I already looked...).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)