Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

new to this group.

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 4 Replies
hello everyone. I'm new to this group. my name is ana and I'm not sure if this is the right group for this question but I will ask anyway lol :)
I really want to dye my hair red. i've had it red before but since I had to bleach it to dye it red it got really damaged. that was about 2 years ago and have been constantly dying it black ever since. can anyone tell me how I can get my hair to lighten up so the red can be more noticable without damaging my hair? thanks in advance to anyone who replies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jenny0709
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Not sure. Hopefully someone can help. Welcome to the group! :o)

littlemascara
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a product you can get at Sally's that removes dye molecules from hair, called One N Only ColorFix.  Now, it won't work on ALL dyes, like Feria.  And when it does work, be prepared to spend like a weekend doing it with windows open because it smells HORRID.  We only discovered it would not work on my son's black dye after buying 3 boxes of the stuff.  Uhg.  But, you can call their 800 # and tell them the brand and color of dye you've been using and see what they say.  Black is really hard to remove.  There is a Loreal product, but it's just diluted bleach.  If you do end up having to bleach, before you color use a protien pack (you can get it in clear or red if you're doing red), and then you add the color ON TOP of that and it helps with damage a LOT. 

Good luck!

mspecan_tan
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Welcome to the group!

Vicariously
by Me on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! I dont know anything about dye, but I love red hair (of course I am partial to it... lol =). Look into Henna. it's a natural dye that wont cause damage. A lot of people I know have very good results with it. Here is a BUMP. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)