Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

What do you use to degunk pores?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 8 Replies
I have large pores that always seem to have gunk. I used to use biore pore strips and got a forest of gunk every time I used them. They are pricy though and I'm looking for other stuff to use. So what do you use to clean/prevent/shrink your dirty pores :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
praisinghim2day
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this

Here's the recipe I use to make homemade pore strips :)  I like applying with a makeup brush for more even distribution.

mix 1 tsp. of plain gelatin with 1 1/2 tsp. of milk, microwave to mixture until warm and spread on your problem areas. Let dry for 10 to 15 minutes, then carefully peel off the mixture along with the gunk in your pores.

rockitkaye
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I'm totally going to try this too! Thanks for sharing :)

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Witch hazel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah--L0VE
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I am using a pore strip right now, thanks to your post. I totally forgot to do one this week.

BUT.... back to your question... I use SeaBreeze every night. It shrinks and cleans out pores so well and helps (me, at least) prevent break outs. Best part? It's like $5 for a huge bottle. The sensitive skin (blue) kind does not work as well, so make sure you go for the ugly yellow colored bottle :)

ruby_jewel_04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I love my witch hazel, and my clay mask. Works well for me. Also, I change my pillow case every couple nights to help keep from getting more gunk build up on my face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShutterBug3
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Witch Hazel. I use it twice a day and I love it.

LeiOKeOla
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM
BRAGGS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR*. SHISEIDO PURENESS. NERIUM. KEEP HANDS CLEAN , WASH PERIODICALLY ... HOME REMEDIES ARE REALLY GREAT. ALSO, PINEAPPLE, PAPAYA, MELONS; HONEY DEW, CANTALOUPE, WATER MELON, ETC. EGG WHITES FOR 10-15(+) MINUTES
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I totally know what you mean. I have struggled with oily skin and large pores my whole life. My mom told me that as I got older I would be grateful for the oily skin, and she was right. I haven't had issues with wrinkles. The large pores didn't have an up side. What has worked like magic for me is using baking soda as a scrub when I wash my face in the shower every morning. I keep a little cup of it in the shower and add it to my cleanser. Also, about once a week I use an aspirin mask. Just 5 or 6 un-coated aspirin, a few drops of water to dissolve, a little bit of honey and yogurt, rubbed gently on my face and neck and let it sit for about 20 mins. My pores are so much smaller, my skin is really smooth and has never looked better. I wasted so much money on so many products that didn't work half as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN