Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

dry skin

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM
  • 14 Replies
I hate when it starts getting cooler. Its like my face goes on the fritz and my skin starts drying out horribly. I scrub my face and apply moisturizer before doing my makeup but it never fails. As soon as I put my foundation, tinted moisturizer, concealer, any kind of cream or anything on my face you can see my skin flaking and peeling. You can see that its dry and looks aweful. Idk what to do about it anymore. I've tried different kinds of scrubs. Is there any thing I can do to get rid of my dry skin?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM
It sounds gross and feels weird lol but before I go to bed, I generously apply Carmex to all dry, flaky, or tight feeling areas :) also, drink LOtS of water :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Use a serum instead like rosehip seed oil that seeps into skin and holds then if u need more use shea butter which is a sealant for moisture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM

try  a day cream and a night cream

Sarah--L0VE
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM

In the shower, be sure to use an exfoliator (like apricot facial scrub by St. Ives) and apply moisturizer right after stepping out of the shower. Before applying your makeup, you can grab a damp washcloth and rub the flaky areas to get the  last of the dead skin off.

Vicariously
by Me on Oct. 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I have the same problem. Try scrubbing your face less. You should try to exfoliate once or twice a week. If there is a day or 2 that you don't plan on wearing makeup or going anywhere, just wash your face gentlyand apply a moisturizer. That has helped me quite a bit, but I haven't found a method that completely gets rid of the problem.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM
You can add 5-10 drops of Geranium, Lavender, or Roman Chamomile to 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil and use as a massage oil.
You can also add 1-3 drops of the above mentioned oils to 1tsp of hand and body lotion and apply on skin
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nursesummer
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Clarisonic
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMom20
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM

we are both braydens mom:) lol. but i have the same problem sometimes! i make sure to not shower in too hot of water, also scrubbing and any scrubbing face washes will make it worse.  i use extra sensitive dove soap, no fragrence. than before i go to bed i apply cocoa butter hand and face cream all over. it wont clog your pores and the dry skin will eventually heal itself leaving your skin all the same tone

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel very dry in the winter too. Not just my skin, but my nose and throat. I used to just drink tons and tons of water....but now I also use a humidifier...have been since last year. Does wonders for my skin. 

sknc78
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Ok everyone, I drink lots of water. How do I rid of dry skin and acne at the same time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)