Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Mary Kay....

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 19 Replies

Has anyone worn this brand of makeup?

What do you think of it?

I have a friend who is trying to get me to purchase this makeup from her friend who sales it.

by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenny0709
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM
No. I haven't. Here's a bump though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I'm allergic to their foundation. I like their eye shadow and lip gloss other than that I haven't really used much of their products in a long time. You should be able to try most of their products before you buy them.

Supervane
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I did as a teen now it just irritates my skin, specially the beauty line and I'm afraid to try the foundation.

I use the whole beauti control line now days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grnrose
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello, I'm a makeup artist and Mary Kay consultant. i use Mary Kay and love it. I also use Mary Kay for models on photo shoots, weddings and events that I do and everyone ends up loving it.:) Plus Mary Kay has a great return policy so if you purchase and don't like it you can return it for a full refund. If you are nervous you can try any of the product on the back of your arm. This is where the skin is most sensitive and you will know right away if you are sensitive to the product. Hope this helps:)

www.marykay.com/rmiera

http://www.facebook.com/decoratedbeauty

sweetmissy_05
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Yes I have and I like it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
idee
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Quoting grnrose:

Hello, I'm a makeup artist and Mary Kay consultant. i use Mary Kay and love it. I also use Mary Kay for models on photo shoots, weddings and events that I do and everyone ends up loving it.:) Plus Mary Kay has a great return policy so if you purchase and don't like it you can return it for a full refund. If you are nervous you can try any of the product on the back of your arm. This is where the skin is most sensitive and you will know right away if you are sensitive to the product. Hope this helps:)

Thanks. I am seeing a dermatologist and I found out that sun block is the one thing I should have been wearing all along. Can I wear sunblock under the makeup or the foundation?

grnrose
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes Mary Kay has an SPF product in every skincare line. I use the timewise day solution which has spf 25 in it then I apply moisturizer and foundation. 

www.marykay.com/rmiera

http://www.facebook.com/decoratedbeauty

praisinghim2day
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I've tried it multiple times through the years, just to help friends who started selling it. I'm not a fan, but I know several people who swear by it. The one thing I do like is the eye makeup remover.

MamisAngels
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm a Mary Kay consultant and use the skin care and cosmetics. I have sensitive combination skin and always struggled finding the "just right" products to use. I have no complaints of Mary Kay products. They work well on my skin, cause no irritation, the foundation leaves a flawless finish whether power or liquid, the eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner are all long lasting. And the NouriShine lipgloss is always in my purse. It has a nice shimmer, is very moisturizing, and lasts for hours. I like the makeup overall.
If you haven't tried the products yet, request a facial and color card. It will help to try the basics first, then you can decide whether or not you like them enough to buy them.
suesues
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM

used it yrs ago dont like it when you buy it they try to sell you everything to pushy back then

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN