Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dry areas around my eyes.

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

This has only happened in the last few weeks.  I wake up in the morning and my eyes are the normal color underneath, but then they're red under that...and my eyelids and around my eyes are red as well...Dry as dust too.  Honestly, I can peel pieces of skin off my eyelids.  My husband bought a humidifier today (I think he's sick of looking at me as a zombie) and I hope that will help.  I do use the Bare Minerals Eye cream and have started putting just a bit of Neutragena on my eyelids before bed.  Any other thoughts or suggestions?

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Do u rub your eyes in your sleep. That happened to me and doctor said I was doing it in my sleep BC of allergies I just wore those sleep masks and everything back to normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:53 AM

If it persists, I would go see a doctor to make sure it isn't an infection or because of allergies. You might want to do an eyelid scrub - take baby shampoo, dilute (1 part shampoo to 7 parts water) and use that to clean your eyelids.

Cafe Kristin
by Group Admin on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Ugh, I have had this same problem and I tried everything! Finally I went to my dermatologist who prescribed EpiCeram and that really helped. Let us know what you try and what works! Good luck!

Redwall
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

My husband bought a humidifier and it was alot better this morning...but the extra humidity gives me a sinus headache...I think I'd rather have the dry eyes.

Cafe Kristin
by Group Admin on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, I agree! Sheesh, you can't win! Hopefully both problems clear up soon!

Quoting Redwall:

My husband bought a humidifier and it was alot better this morning...but the extra humidity gives me a sinus headache...I think I'd rather have the dry eyes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)