Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

My Baby shower hairstyle?. help:)

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:55 AM
  • 8 Replies
So my baby shower is coming up and I want to curl my hair im using a curling iron. So I practiced on my hair already and so far I like how the curls came out, my only problem is that I hate curling my hair because it gets me mad when the curls fall down. So anybody have any techniques or secrets to keep curls in all day I really want them to stay tight and now just fall down because then all my work goes to waist and I want my hair looking cute that day. Plz help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Babujai
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

One way that is definitely not good for your hair, but will help your curls to last, is to spray your hair with hairspray and then curl it.  Your hair will be crispy, but as long as you don't touch it, the curls will last.

golliz
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Ok. Thanks alot im going to try it this weekend to see how if it works just for practice

Quoting Babujai:

One way that is definitely not good for your hair, but will help your curls to last, is to spray your hair with hairspray and then curl it.  Your hair will be crispy, but as long as you don't touch it, the curls will last.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BookWormMom83
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Have you tried no heat curls? They last really well, no heat, and no styling products.

Search YouTube. I do it to DD's hair often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM
While the curl is still warm, hold it in your hand until it curls. If I'm not describing it well, watch the latest YouTube video from smlx0. She shows how she curls her hair and she holds her curls until they're cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meloney413
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Nooo no do not spray hair with hair spray first .. Who would want crunchy curls??!!!?!!? I have natural BONE straight hair so I also have a problem with falling curls and I now know the secret.. PIN CURLS my dear... Right after u curl a peice of hair catch it right out of the iron roll it back up (same way as it curls) and clip/bobby pin it to you head..do for all curls ..let them set(cool off) 15/2mins then take them out spray with hair spray and bam all day curls !!! Your welcome :) * .
rjsmommy214
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Use a setting mist before you curl, let the curls set(cool down) before you touch them at all. I'd wait until you're leaving for the shower and run your fingers through. You could also use a smaller curling iron so when they loosen they will still be tight enough. And lots of hairspray!

kaybear123
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I don't do curls.. sorry no help from me. :/
lele678
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Get some flexible rollers and use some water or setting lotion and wet your hair and then roll your hair around the roller like you would if you were curling it with a curling iron.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)