Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Curls??

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

I really want curly hair sometimes but my hair refuses to cooperate. I can't even scrunch my hair. I have tried many different products , mousse , gel , hairspray , freeze spay etc. It always falls flat before I leave the bathroom. I have hot rollers , a fat curling iron and spiral one and it still wont work. What can I do???

P.S I will not get a perm!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Vicariously
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this

My hair is the same way... The right products make a huge difference. I have to do a blow out with Tresemmes Thermal creations Volumizing Mousse (and a heat protectant of course) for my hair to hold anything for more than 20 mins. After you do a blowout your hair will hold any form (curl, wave, etc..) a lot better. You can do sock bun curls, the rollers - I get good results from Caruso steam rollers - or a curling iron.

If you have a reason for an extra good hair day, don't use any conditioner before you blowdry it and curl.

If you curl with an iron; reshape the curl after you un-clamp and pin it to your head (in the barrel shape) until the hair is completely cooled down. Tresemme's Finishing Spray is awesome. Especially if you have fine hair. Use any lightweight/good hold hairspray liberally.

Hope some of that helps!

Vicariously
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

This might be helpful too - How to blowdry hair in sections.

Chillisarah
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

great advice!

Quoting Vicariously:

My hair is the same way... The right products make a huge difference. I have to do a blow out with Tresemmes Thermal creations Volumizing Mousse (and a heat protectant of course) for my hair to hold anything for more than 20 mins. After you do a blowout your hair will hold any form (curl, wave, etc..) a lot better. You can do sock bun curls, the rollers - I get good results from Caruso steam rollers - or a curling iron.

If you have a reason for an extra good hair day, don't use any conditioner before you blowdry it and curl.

If you curl with an iron; reshape the curl after you un-clamp and pin it to your head (in the barrel shape) until the hair is completely cooled down. Tresemme's Finishing Spray is awesome. Especially if you have fine hair. Use any lightweight/good hold hairspray liberally.

Hope some of that helps!

KimmyPoo
by Kimberly on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
U can have my hair. That all I have. I wish my hair was fine and straight
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Schaiswife09
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I use the herstyler curling wand. I love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Just do whatever vicariously says. She knows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:51 AM

i never have that problem. heres a bump for you though! and i totally agree with vicariously. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN