Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Platform Pumps

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 23 Replies

I'm looking for feedback from women who have experience wearing platform pumps. I've been intrigued by them for awhile, since younger women here started wearing them regularly, and I'm very comfortable in high heels, even as high as 5" without platforms, but I've always opted to having the soles of my feet closer to the ground. Please tell me your experiences.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah5708Emma
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Both pairs are super cute! I find pumps with the platform are more comfortable on my arches
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karla1948
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM

You don't have problem with balance? And how long can you wear them continuously?

Quoting Sarah5708Emma:

Both pairs are super cute! I find pumps with the platform are more comfortable on my arches

Sarah5708Emma
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
It takes me a few mins to get used to walking in them since I rarely wear heels to begin with. But once I get fairly used to them, balance isn't an issue for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karla1948
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

More colors in the same style...

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have as high platforms as these, and I now try to avoid too thin heels as I mostly wear heels when I work so there's a lot of standing and walking when I'm doing a training session, doing a presentation or have an event. Platforms are indeed more comfortable for the feet as the heel-toe incline is less steep, you aren't on your toes all the time and your body weight is more evenly distributed on your feet - not ideal but better. You get used to it very quickly. I have a few wedges with platforms and can last hours without pain. With normal heels it's not as long, but certainly longer than without platforms.

Karla1948
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I spent many years at a job where wearing heels was almost required. So I'm well versed on wearing heels.

Quoting kika.fleur:

I don't have as high platforms as these, and I now try to avoid too thin heels as I mostly wear heels when I work so there's a lot of standing and walking when I'm doing a training session, doing a presentation or have an event. Platforms are indeed more comfortable for the feet as the heel-toe incline is less steep, you aren't on your toes all the time and your body weight is more evenly distributed on your feet - not ideal but better. You get used to it very quickly. I have a few wedges with platforms and can last hours without pain. With normal heels it's not as long, but certainly longer than without platforms.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I have always been afraid of platform heels because I see them as an ankle break waiting to happen.....and I am an avid heel wearer. I feel more comfortable if my feet can "grip" the ground...if that makes sense. That being said I could imagine that platform heels are much easier on the foot if the heel is very high.

Karla1948
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM

My sentiments exactly. I wear heels daily, between 2" and  3". But on occasion, I like to wear "really" high heels. 5" is my limit without a platform. 

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I have always been afraid of platform heels because I see them as an ankle break waiting to happen.....and I am an avid heel wearer. I feel more comfortable if my feet can "grip" the ground...if that makes sense. That being said I could imagine that platform heels are much easier on the foot if the heel is very high.

KimmyPoo
by Kimberly on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I use to wear heels all the time but with my vertigo if throws my balance off ggrrrr
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lele678
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I like those shoes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN