Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Dyed my hair red it was suppose to be auburn

Posted by   + Show Post
I am in another country and apparently our communication wasn't so good. I wanted auburn hair with thick dark red low lights. I got fire red with reddish orange highlights. I told her I Woukd sleep on it but I might be back to change it. Anyway my husband just loves it! So my question to y'all what colored eyeshadow and clothes to stay away from?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Replies (11-14):
Sunshine257
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:40 AM

She died it over my natural hair color lol. So maybe you are right.

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Probably what happened, was u had a lot of natural red undertones in your hair u didn't know about until u tried an auburn or any other type of hair color with Red tint to it.(I'm a natural auburn/red head) I learned about this the hard way too!

I google or Internet search the colors that work with my hair color, or ask my DH if it looks right. LOL My DD used to live with me and she was my Fashion consultant, but alas, she moved out last week.. I usually use eye shadow for my eye color. or browns.

Sunshine257
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Dyed lol

Quoting Sunshine257:

She died it over my natural hair color lol. So maybe you are right.

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Probably what happened, was u had a lot of natural red undertones in your hair u didn't know about until u tried an auburn or any other type of hair color with Red tint to it.(I'm a natural auburn/red head) I learned about this the hard way too!

I google or Internet search the colors that work with my hair color, or ask my DH if it looks right. LOL My DD used to live with me and she was my Fashion consultant, but alas, she moved out last week.. I usually use eye shadow for my eye color. or browns.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Love it! I'm not exactly sure what colors to stay away from, maybe neon colors? I think earth tones look best with red hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)