Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

My poor scalp..*dryness question*

Posted by   + Show Post

My hair and scalp is so dry, it isn't dandruff, but it's the dry white flaky stuff.  It itches so bad, and Ionly wash my hair twice a week.  What can I do to get it back to good without spending over 20 dollars???

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Replies (11-16):
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I'd have either the primary care doctor or a dermatologist have a look at it.

Quoting sweetmomma326:

It is only on the front side of my head, and the left side.  and There is some redness.

Quoting kika.fleur:

Is there any redness to the scalp? I'd go to the dermatologist or even the primary care doctor to have it looked at. My SIL has psoriasis, but only on one part of her scalp. It itches a lot. I have dermatitis on the face, but when I am super tired or stressed it'll also affect my scalp. And when I am even more stressed, it goes all flaky.

What did work for me was deep cleaning the scalp with a fruit acid - basically AHA. She applied the lotion throughout my scalp, waited for a bit, then washed my hair with a gentle shampoo. That helped a lot.

Derari
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Olive oil before bedtime. Don't pull it thru to all of your hair, just the roots. 

Turtledoves
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM
If you put flax seed oil in your food once a day, itll do wonders for your skin, scalp and hair health.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Maybe dove shamppo?I love their bar soap

Vertical15
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Coconut Oil, unrefined.

HisSweetheart07
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM

tree oil extract 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)