Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Rosacea

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 20 Replies

does anyone have it?  I do and I hate it.  I used the prescription gel for it and all it did was break my face out.  So...I just try to deal with it.  It's such a pain!  lol  :)

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I do. My derm told me to use a special kind of sunscreen.

wandep
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting wandep:

ps..thought it was bumps (like breaking out) till I saw him and that is what he said.

louannwilkins
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM

What is the sunscreen?  My rosacea is the kind that is just real red.  I don't have the bumps or acne looking part of it....at least not yet.  I hope I don't get that.  I hate having it.  I have to use foundation everyday to keep the red at bay.  Does that sunscreen help you at all?  Thanks   :)

Quoting wandep:

Quoting wandep:

ps..thought it was bumps (like breaking out) till I saw him and that is what he said.

wandep
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I'd have to go check...I think I got it from CVS. Non prescription. It helps when I remember to put it on. :) Remind me tomorrow and I will check the brand for you.

Quoting louannwilkins:

What is the sunscreen?  My rosacea is the kind that is just real red.  I don't have the bumps or acne looking part of it....at least not yet.  I hope I don't get that.  I hate having it.  I have to use foundation everyday to keep the red at bay.  Does that sunscreen help you at all?  Thanks   :)

Quoting wandep:

Quoting wandep:

louannwilkins
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM

OK and thanks, I appreciate that   :)

Quoting wandep:

I'd have to go check...I think I got it from CVS. Non prescription. It helps when I remember to put it on. :) Remind me tomorrow and I will check the brand for you.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting wandep:

Quoting wandep:

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Have you visited the Rocasea.org site? They have some useful info.

If the gel didn't work for you, you might want to tell your dermatologist that and that you'd need something else.

louannwilkins
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM

No but I probably need to.  I hate having it....drives me crazy!!!  lol  My makeup covers it very well but if I get hot or eat spicy food etc...it can really really show up.  Thanks for the  tip....I appreciate it    :)

Quoting kika.fleur:

Have you visited the Rocasea.org site? They have some useful info.

If the gel didn't work for you, you might want to tell your dermatologist that and that you'd need something else.

Zadidoll
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I do. There is nothing on the market to cure it. You have to be more aware of products that can make it worse. If you use an apricot facial scrub ditch it because it's TOO abrasive for the skin. Bare Minerals and Dermalogica both make an exfoliating product that's more gentle to the skin.

There is some thought that rosacea is caused by mites (Demodex) living under the skin so most prescription products won't work to kill the little buggers if that's true. http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/29/13554038-tiny-mites-on-your-face-may-cause-rosacea

Every person's rosacea is different and so treatment is going to be different for everyone. For me what makes mine worse is exfoliating with harsh products. I don't go out in the sun which irritates my skin and when I do I use products with high SPF.

As a beauty blogger I try so many products and some will trigger a rash on my face.

wandep
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I use Neutrogena Age Shield face sunblock lotion with 70 spf in it. I think I found it at CVS. 

Quoting louannwilkins:

OK and thanks, I appreciate that   :)

Quoting wandep:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting wandep:

Quoting wandep:

louannwilkins
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Wow!!!!!  I've never heard that about the mites.  That's so disgusting!!!  LOL  When I exfoliate I use aveeno and it's done ok so far.  My dr also said that some people take a low dosage antibiotic everyday and that seemed to help a lot of them but I'm not interested in doing that.  Who wants to take that everyday?  I would think that if you got sick and needed an antibiotic it wouldn't work then but I don't know.  Thanks for your comments though.  I'm going to have to go read up about those mites!!!  ewww....lol    :)

Quoting Zadidoll:

I do. There is nothing on the market to cure it. You have to be more aware of products that can make it worse. If you use an apricot facial scrub ditch it because it's TOO abrasive for the skin. Bare Minerals and Dermalogica both make an exfoliating product that's more gentle to the skin.

There is some thought that rosacea is caused by mites (Demodex) living under the skin so most prescription products won't work to kill the little buggers if that's true. http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/29/13554038-tiny-mites-on-your-face-may-cause-rosacea

Every person's rosacea is different and so treatment is going to be different for everyone. For me what makes mine worse is exfoliating with harsh products. I don't go out in the sun which irritates my skin and when I do I use products with high SPF.

As a beauty blogger I try so many products and some will trigger a rash on my face.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)