Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

"Mommy, why do you wear makeup?"

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 18 Replies

How would you answer this question if your daughter asked you?

Mine did yesterday. I told her that I don't need to wear it, but it makes me look more dressed up for work. Not sure I'm happy with my answer. I wear minimal makeup: mascara, a little shadow, sheer foundation and lip gloss. 

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erienne06
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I would say "I wear it when I want to look extra special."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I just said cause it makes me feel good =)

louannwilkins
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just say it's because I like wearing it and it makes me feel good about myself. 

Hottmomma607
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Because I like it! My DD is 14yo&she feels she is too pretty for makeup! I agree! And she's I don't need it! But I disagree! LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM

That is what I told Ophelia (age 7) when she asked, too. I enjoy wearing makeup. 

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Because I like it! My DD is 14yo&she feels she is too pretty for makeup! I agree! And she's I don't need it! But I disagree! LOL

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Hottmomma607
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM
LOL My DD has been feeling that she is pretty since she was little! Its ok we've been building her confidence since she was knee high to a grasshopper! I don't wang her to suffer from lack of self-confidence like I did! She still moments but its natural.

Quoting abra:

That is what I told Ophelia (age 7) when she asked, too. I enjoy wearing makeup. 

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I don't need to wear makeup to look or feel beautiful/pretty, but from time to time I like putting on makeup to look even nicer - like when we put on nice clothes, or wear jewellery or have pretty shoes.

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Yesterday at 9:39 AM
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I have never thought of this my daughter will be 7 tomorrow and she has never asked. I don't wear tons of makeup....very little and it is a natural color so you can't really tell I am wearing it too much.

MamaSun08
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd say it's like an accessory for me, and that sometimes I like to finish my look with some makeup that helps to bring out what I'm wearing, or bring out how I want to express myself to the world that day.  No different from jewelry or a purse or nice shoes ;-)

Babujai
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My sons asked me why I wear make-up when I'm pretty without it.  I told them I use make-up to make my pretty features stand out so they can be seen better.  I used my mascara as an example...my lashes are already long, but it's easier to see how long they are when I put mascara on them.  I don't wear much make-up either and my goal with make-up is always to enhance what I have, not to create a new face.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN