Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Mommy, why do you wear makeup?"

Posted by   + Show Post

How would you answer this question if your daughter asked you?

Mine did yesterday. I told her that I don't need to wear it, but it makes me look more dressed up for work. Not sure I'm happy with my answer. I wear minimal makeup: mascara, a little shadow, sheer foundation and lip gloss. 

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (11-18):
kmqw229
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol

I'd say "it brings out my best features"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peggytoo
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaSun08:

I'd say it's like an accessory for me, and that sometimes I like to finish my look with some makeup that helps to bring out what I'm wearing, or bring out how I want to express myself to the world that day.  No different from jewelry or a purse or nice shoes ;-)

...and yes it is a way for us ladies to express ourselves, our spirit.  With makeup Im a less-is-more gal and my dd is a minimalist.

Amandaw28
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that was a Good Answer It makes me look more dressed up for work. Since I am a Stay at home mom and I cant say that I would say We are pretty already but Makeup makes grown ups feel Prettier and Brings out our Beauty. Also  I enjoy wearing it.

Vicariously
by Me on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I wear it because I like to. Applying makeup or styling your hair is like any other creative outlet. Like a piece of paper or an empty room. You can decorate and personalize it to have fun and show your style. You do the same with the clothing and accessories that you wear. As you get older makeup helps to make you look more polished and put together.

Turtledoves
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I do it just to feel and look a little extra special some days. Nothing wrong with an answer likr that!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM

So I dont scare anyone.Lol. I say b/c I want to enhance what I have

Vertical15
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I like your answer.  My boys have asked that and I think I said something along those lines.  Or it makes melook more polished. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)