Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

conditioning your hair over night. tell me what you think.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 24 Replies
I thought of washing my hair and putting a lot of conditioner in it. wrapping it in plastic wrap and sleep in it. my sister said it would break the ends of my hair. I have dry hair. help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zadidoll
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM

You can but make sure you're using a LEAVE IN conditioner otherwise you may weigh your hair down with all the silicone products OR oil if you do a DIY version.

brvdsmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Use coconut oil

Hottmomma607
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Use leave in conditioner! Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM
thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I agree with the other ladies! Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I had a friend who would put mayo in wrap for a few hours then wash I could never leave in conditioner my thin hair would be so flat i barely use any as it is

wandep
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I don't know. Sounds like it would be uncomfortable to sleep in. :(

louannwilkins
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

It would probably be good for it.  I have a friend who use to put heavy conditioner on her hair....put a plastic bag or shower cap on and then a towel wrapped around it....use the hair dryer for 5 to 8 min. to heat it up good and then just do things around the house all day leaving it on there.  Every now and then she'd put the heat to it again.  In the evening she'd rinse it out.  She swore it helped.  Good luck.  Let us know what you do and if it helps. 

Babujai
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I've done it, but honestly most conditioner doesn't need more than 30 min to to do all the good it can do.  You can get the same results by putting conditioner in your hair, covering your hair (all of it) with a plastic cap and then wrapping a towel around the plastic cap.  The trapped heat from your head will help the conditioner penetrate the strands better.  After 30 min rinse thoroughly, especially your scalp and then add leave-in conditioner or diluted regular conditioner to your hair before styling.

Momyplease
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM
thank you ladies. And how about coconut oil? one of the ladies said use that. my hair is super dry from chemical dyes. I stopped dying it and growing my own hair out. but the old hair is dry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)