Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Fake Eyelashes

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

For the ladies who wear them... What are some good brands for eyelash glue? I mean a glue that will really stay put for hours, days or even weeks lol. In the summer my skin gets more oily since its hot and it just makes them loose an i feel like they will fall off sometimes they are like half off and its ugly or it also happens when my eyes get watery. i mean i know there are some good glues out there i even saw some people get a professional put the eyelashes for them and thy stayed for weeks. Anyways any tips? Or even some fake eyelashes that go in the water?(those sound more secure on your eyes)

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I use ardell glue. I've never tried any other kinds because I love that one :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I don't wear fakes - bump

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I use the ardell Duo dark tint. I wear them year round everyday. I've never had a problem with my lashes coming off. Do you wear band or individual?

lismore
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I don't use them. I tried a few times and I couldn't put them on straight or right lol it was kind of funny

Zadidoll
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Quoting KariC33:

For the ladies who wear them... What are some good brands for eyelash glue? I mean a glue that will really stay put for hours, days or even weeks lol. In the summer my skin gets more oily since its hot and it just makes them loose an i feel like they will fall off sometimes they are like half off and its ugly or it also happens when my eyes get watery. i mean i know there are some good glues out there i even saw some people get a professional put the eyelashes for them and thy stayed for weeks. Anyways any tips? Or even some fake eyelashes that go in the water?(those sound more secure on your eyes)

Glue on the consumer market are meant to for a few hours not days or weeks. If you're looking for a more permanent glue then you need to get lash extensions done by qualified and trained person since the risk of getting the glue into the eye or other complications is there if attempted to do on your own or by someone not trained or qualified.

If you have oily skin then you may want to use Duo which has a stronger bond than Ardell and other lash glues on the market. Now keep in mind that Duo makes a latex version and non-latex version with the non-latex version not having the adherence that the latex has. If you have a latex allergy or sensitivity you need to be VERY careful in choosing a glue due to most being latex based.

If you want lashes that are going to stay longer as you swim or want to have it on longer than a day then get it professionally done but again get it done by someone who was trained and is qualified AND find out if the glue contains latex or not first is you have any sensitivities.

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I have never worn them

Turtledoves
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Not a fan of them, so heres a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KariC33
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I totally agree with your reply.
I actually just bought Duo brand to try it and youre right its way better than Ardell and stays longer on eyes.

Quoting Zadidoll:

Quoting KariC33:

Glue on the consumer market are meant to for a few hours not days or weeks. If you're looking for a more permanent glue then you need to get lash extensions done by qualified and trained person since the risk of getting the glue into the eye or other complications is there if attempted to do on your own or by someone not trained or qualified.

If you have oily skin then you may want to use Duo which has a stronger bond than Ardell and other lash glues on the market. Now keep in mind that Duo makes a latex version and non-latex version with the non-latex version not having the adherence that the latex has. If you have a latex allergy or sensitivity you need to be VERY careful in choosing a glue due to most being latex based.

If you want lashes that are going to stay longer as you swim or want to have it on longer than a day then get it professionally done but again get it done by someone who was trained and is qualified AND find out if the glue contains latex or not first is you have any sensitivities.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)