Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Gel Eyeliner help...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

I bought a cheap gel liner to try since I have heard good things about gel liner and had never tried it before and I really like it only problem is I only bought it like a week ago and its already dried out, put it in some hot water and it softened back up. Anyone have any recommendations for gel liner that doesn't dry out? Drugstore brands please as Ilive in the middle of nowhere and don't have any high end places nearby.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamabyrd86
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Curious also so bump!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM
If you're gonna go drugstore brand, maybeline is pretty decent. The trick is to lightly wet the tip of your brush.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I don't use gel liners but I have heard good things about Loreal, WNW and Essence.

Zadidoll
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Quoting XandersMomma07:

I bought a cheap gel liner to try since I have heard good things about gel liner and had never tried it before and I really like it only problem is I only bought it like a week ago and its already dried out, put it in some hot water and it softened back up. Anyone have any recommendations for gel liner that doesn't dry out? Drugstore brands please as Ilive in the middle of nowhere and don't have any high end places nearby.

NEVER use hot water because you're going to introduce bacteria into it. Ways to prevent gel liner from drying:

1. Store the jar upside down when possible. If it has a brush built in then this won't work instead....
  2. Store in a ziploc type bag. I actually do this for all my cream shadows and palettes with creams (like my Kat von D palettes).

If your gel liner has dried out you can revive it but do NOT use tap water. Koren actually did a video on reviving gel liners.

Vicariously
by Me on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Liquid Liner pens are easier than gel liners to use and they don't dry out as fast. I really like Maybellines Master Precise. Might be a good alternative?

Zadidoll
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Quoting Vicariously:

Liquid Liner pens are easier than gel liners to use and they don't dry out as fast. I really like Maybellines Master Precise. Might be a good alternative?

Not true at all. I've had liquid liner pens dry out after two uses and gel liners that have lasted a year with no troubles. Furthermore you can't use liquid liner pens on clients without cross contamination but you can use gel liners provided you don't double dip. Don't get me wrong, I love liner markers on myself but when working on clients gel liners have liquid liners beat.

XandersMomma07
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I didn't put water in the liner I put the liner sealed tightly into the hot water and the heat from the water softened it back to normal

Quoting Zadidoll:

Quoting XandersMomma07:

NEVER use hot water because you're going to introduce bacteria into it. Ways to prevent gel liner from drying:

1. Store the jar upside down when possible. If it has a brush built in then this won't work instead....
  2. Store in a ziploc type bag. I actually do this for all my cream shadows and palettes with creams (like my Kat von D palettes).

If your gel liner has dried out you can revive it but do NOT use tap water. Koren actually did a video on reviving gel liners.

Zadidoll
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Ahhh, okay. Yeah, that softens it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)