Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - Review -

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Me
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

I bought Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream (No.13) in the 20ml. Travel Size for $13 ($9 + $4 shipping on Amazon). There are counterfeit versions of Missha that come from China. To be 100% sure that I was buying a real Missha BB cream, I bought it from a South Korean seller. It took 3 weeks to get to my house. I also got 2 free samples - Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream and the Signature Dramatic Base Boost.

My skin is acne/clogged pore prone, a little sensitive and on the dry side. I had a very bad reaction to a sunscreen last year that left me with horrible acne scarring all along my jaw line and a few spots on my cheeks. With pale skin the acne scarring left behind can be almost as bad as the actual acne that caused it…

APPLICATION & COVERAGE -

It seems like with BB Cream less is more. An amount the size of a large pea is ideal. I apply it with my fingers. It spread and blended well with very little streaking or unevenness. The coverage is light - med. I would say about 90% of the red marks from acne scarring, freckles and dark spots under my eyes were covered. I dabbed a little extra product on a few of the darker spots and most of them were then covered as well. Dark under-eye circles, active acne or recent scarring would need a bit of concealer under the BB cream to make them completely disappear. HOPEFULLY the claims of evening skin tone and reducing scarring is true. It will take a few months to know for sure (that would be wonderful).

COLOR (No. 13) -

Shade No. 13 is the lightest version of this BB cream and matches my skin tone perfectly. I’m very pale and most foundations are too dark or have an undertone that throws off the color, so it’s pretty awesome to finally find a color that I do not have to correct with powder.

No Flash ^                                                                         Flash^

FINISH -

'Dewy' would be accurate. It gives you a natural glowing look. I don’t hate it, but I’m not used to it either. I’ve always used foundations that give a matte result. I have dry skin and read that BB cream’s are notorious for building up around dry areas. It’s very true… I have to use moisturizer and do a light exfoliation before putting it on.

The 2nd time I used this I put on too much at once (2 or 3 peas) to see if I could get better coverage. It didn’t work out so well… My skin looked flawless for a few hours, but by the time I got home (about 6 hours later) the product had accumulated around lines and globbed together a bit. For the 1st time that I can remember, my face looked oily… It wasn’t horrible - I still got a lot of complement at the play group my son and I go to. I’m sure applying two thinner layers would be a better approach.

Skin Problems? -

I have been wearing this BB Cream for a whole week (4 separate times) and I have no active acne. As in none! I had been wearing Revlon’s Colorstay for about 6 months. I knew that it made me break out - for me every foundation does to some extent. Some are worse than others. Missha seems to be the first foundation that has actually improved my skin - so far.

Before^

After                                                                                After...

OVERALL -

This was my first BB Cream and I love it! I don’t see myself going back to a regular foundation any time soon. M Perfect Cover BB Cream (No.13) is the only foundation I have used that is an EXACT match for my skin tone AND it doesn’t make me break out. I love that it has 42 SPF! I’ve had horrible luck with sunscreens so the 42 SPF is a huge plus. BB Creams are also a lot easier and faster to apply than applying liquid foundation with a sponge or brush (not counting additional SPF and powder). It looks more natural too. Pending my Missha Signature sample, Perfect Cover is my 1st HG foundation. I plan on buying the full size when my travel size bottle gets low (2 or 3 months?).

No Flash ^

Pardon the up the nose shot. I was trying to show my jaw line where the acne scarring is the worst. You can see faint marks. This picture shows the accurate color.

There are a few things that I don’t like about this product. Waiting 3+ weeks for it to be shipped to my house is not wonderful. I would prefer it to have no fragrance. I normally avoid fragrance because you don’t know what the hell cosmetic companies use to make the smell and it is a common irritant to sensitive skin. Besides, does your face need to smell like flowers? Anyways, it’s not foul but it is strong… The smell doesn’t really go away. Throughout the day I catch whiffs of it here and there. It annoys me a bit, but at least it smells good. Dry skin patches are an ongoing issue. At the same time there’s a tipping point where applying too much makes my skin look oily. BUT, If you get it just right it's perfect. I might need to find a powder to go on top this summer when the 'dewy' look might turn to oily mess on hot days. I wish this would have a little more coverage. With all of the horrible acne I had last year, and the scarring that followed I have gotten used to med-full coverage foundation. Missha does not give me any additional acne or clogged pores, so I think this problem will be a non-issue in a few more weeks. If it helps to heal scarring and evens out my skintone, I will make a Missha shrine in my closet and take all of that nit-picking back.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
pixiemg1
by Amy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I was just wondering if you had got this yet.  Thank you for the review.   Wow, that looks really great on you and I think the coverage looks great too.  The Skin79 one doesn't have any fragrance so that sucks that this one does.  I don't like my face to smell either LOL.

Babujai
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool!  I've been waiting for this review.  Glad it's working out for you so far.

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so pretty! I need to get me some of that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicariously
by Me on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I updated the info now that I have used this BB Cream a few more times. I can't believe how well my skin has taken to this product. NO new acne - My skin looks better than it has in years!  

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM

That's wonderful that the Massha BB cream suits you and your skin! I don't think mine likes BB creams at all - also it's difficult to find a good shade as the Korean version of fair is totally different from the South East Asian one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)