Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

adult acne....help!?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM
  • 9 Replies
I recently went off birth control and for the past few months my face is breaking out luke Im a teen again. I know its mostly hormones changes causing this but is there anything else you ladies know of that I can use to help? Im 38yrs old. ...(sigh)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

My body has shifted big time, also hormonal but because I'm slowly but surely entering menopause. Result? After months of clear skin, three big fat zits. So for me it's back to sulfur soap, sulfur cream and using the Clarisonic Mia. It's what works for me. I also use an 8% AHA gel.

alibrezzy154
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I had horrid acne as a teen and every once in a while lately because my body is dealing with a ton of hormonal changes due to  undergoing a thyroidectomy. what works for me every time is just dove soap and a face lotion of some kind. 

navewife
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I am hypo thyroid...but its been pretty controlled...I really think it is comming off this birthcontrol... I feel like I have used every acne product under the sun with no result...I may just go to the doc and see if they will put me back on something.....sigh...thanks

Quoting alibrezzy154:

I had horrid acne as a teen and every once in a while lately because my body is dealing with a ton of hormonal changes due to  undergoing a thyroidectomy. what works for me every time is just dove soap and a face lotion of some kind. 

navewife
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Thanks ladies...I feel like I have gone broke trying crams and soaps...I was just hoping to maybe see some ideas i had not thought of...think I may have to talk to dr about going back on bc...grrr
fivebal4s
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I have had several friends have great results with Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Unblemish regimen. They are the Drs that created Proactiv and this is their new company and I like to say their grown up version of Proactiv. It's not in stores , or infomercials so contact me and I'll send more information. 

Deborah Balfour
Executive Consultant
Rodan + Fields Dermatologists
Barabell
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

When I had bad breakouts as a teen, I would use a face mask to do a deep clean of my skin. Have you tried a face mask?

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I use dove unscented for sensitive skin soap bar.I love it!

Vertical15
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I love my burts bess with orange oil face wash.  I haven't had but one here or there in months.

MamaSun08
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to hear this. I bet it's really frustrating to deal with. I have a friend who was diagnosed with leukemia his first year of college. Due to all the meds & bone marrow transplant, he got really bad acne to the point that he wouldn't leave the house. Absolutely nothing worked for him (not the pills, the lotions, or potions) until about 4 months ago when he tried some mud soap believe it or not. It's full of minerals from the dead sea, which are very healing. It was recommended to him by his best friend-a guy :-) & then he told me about it! I don't really have skin issues, so I got some for my cuz with psoriasis. It cleared it up in 3 days no lie. I have pics :-) we get it at yourbestfaceforward.org if anyone's interested. It's good stuff
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)