Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Elf Haul

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

Not a big one, I had $10 to go to my local drugstore and get some things to try out. I had made a list after going through pinterest, elf's site, and blogger reviews but unfortunately they didn't have any of the items. So these are what I ended up getting instead.

Soothing Lip Balm

Eye Widener

Shine Eraser
Defining Eye Brush

Eyeshadow Brush

Bronzing Brush

Foundation Brush

Eyelash Curler

Travel Mirror

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixiemg1
by Amy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Nice haul. The eyeshadow brush & eyelash curler are two of my favorites.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
There brushes are good, I really like them, also the eyelash curler is my favorite. The eye winder is really good as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I have had some ELF shadow brushes for a few years now and they hold up really well. Nice Haul.

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Maybe I'll post mine too! Love that eyelash curler :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM

That's a lot of stuff for ten. Bucks! 

Zadidoll
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I dislike their brushes - least the $1 and mineral ones - because those fall apart so easily. Just make sure to have super glue on hand.

Starleet
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I actually have most of these brushes by MAC but I wanted to try these cheaper versions after people said they were really great. My so got me a Coastal Scents set last year and it was horrible. All of them broke after 1 use.

Quoting Zadidoll:

I dislike their brushes - least the $1 and mineral ones - because those fall apart so easily. Just make sure to have super glue on hand.

Zadidoll
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Coastal Scents old brushes were not made by them and were made in China. Their new brushes are made "in house" (not sure if that means in the US though) but that said I haven't tried the new brushes. I want to order the new set but at $60+ is iffy for me. I'll have to wait and see if they're at a trade show again since they weren't at IMATS LA this year.

Have you tried Bdellium Tools? I love their brushes.

Utopia36027
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Nice Haul. My first brushes were Elf. I still have them. Shadow brushes are great. And if you can get your hands on the $3 Studio "c" brush buy two, awesome. Thinking of buying some new Blush & bronzers , looking at Antigua and Turks & Ciaos let me know reviews.

Queenof4men
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I'm love the price of elf products I have six brushes, two blushes, and a pencil. Oh also the makeup removal wipes. I like there products. I hope you enjoy them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)