Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me with my skin!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 16 Replies

I have been having serious issues with my skin under my makeup lately, and I don't know if it's cause of the cold weather, or if my skin is changing or something else.

I moisturise and wash my face daily. I moisturise and put on primer before my foundation, but lately no matter how much lotion I put on before i put on foundation I have flakes after applying it. It's totally driving me nuts. I'm using pretty high end products too, so I don't know what the heck is going on.

I apply with a foundation brush. I normally have combination skin, but it does get a little dry in winter. Any ideas?

Also I am waking up with horrible dry skin, not flaking but my face feels so tight. I have never had this problem in my life! I don't know what to do! Also I am about 5 months pregnant...I don't know if that can make skin dryer. I heard it just made skin more oily!

Help me!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lkane81
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I havr that prob too but mine.is flaky in the t zone so i dont wear makeup as i have never found one.that wont flake there or crack nor do i moisturize cuz no matter what lotion. I use i break out. I hate my skin. Sorry im no help i just feel ur pain.
And i hate to spend all kinds of money on makeup if it doesnt work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Switch to something basic, with no scents or colouring. Cetaphil and Aveeno work well.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM

What is your definition of "pretty high end products"?

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM
My go to brands of makeup are makeup forever and lancome. Most recently I've been using tarte and cover FX foundations. They don't come too cheap.....

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I've only heard of the Lancome.. lol. What about your face wash and moisturizers?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

My go to brands of makeup are makeup forever and lancome. Most recently I've been using tarte and cover FX foundations. They don't come too cheap.....

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I was having the same issues. I got a beauty blender which helped a little. Applying my foundation with a wet beauty blender=amazing skin with no flakes. But even better, I got one of the olay pro-x brush things. Like a cheaper version of the Clarisonic. It's like 30 dollars at Walmart. It has seriously SAVED my skin this winter :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Also, if your foundation brush requires any buffing into your skin-it tends to make the flakes worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Lol well my moisturisers aren't that expensive ... I use oil of olay and Mac. I have a face wash from neutragena right now called "extra gentle face cleaner".

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

I've only heard of the Lancome.. lol. What about your face wash and moisturizers?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I had a feeling my brush might be giving me some issues. Dammit. Any good brush recommendations or should I just use a beauty blender?

Quoting ae86mommy:

Also, if your foundation brush requires any buffing into your skin-it tends to make the flakes worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Is that like a brush face cleaner? I'm scared those things will be too harsh on my face.....

Quoting ae86mommy:

I was having the same issues. I got a beauty blender which helped a little. Applying my foundation with a wet beauty blender=amazing skin with no flakes. But even better, I got one of the olay pro-x brush things. Like a cheaper version of the Clarisonic. It's like 30 dollars at Walmart. It has seriously SAVED my skin this winter :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)