Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Please help me with my skin!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been having serious issues with my skin under my makeup lately, and I don't know if it's cause of the cold weather, or if my skin is changing or something else.

I moisturise and wash my face daily. I moisturise and put on primer before my foundation, but lately no matter how much lotion I put on before i put on foundation I have flakes after applying it. It's totally driving me nuts. I'm using pretty high end products too, so I don't know what the heck is going on.

I apply with a foundation brush. I normally have combination skin, but it does get a little dry in winter. Any ideas?

Also I am waking up with horrible dry skin, not flaking but my face feels so tight. I have never had this problem in my life! I don't know what to do! Also I am about 5 months pregnant...I don't know if that can make skin dryer. I heard it just made skin more oily!

Help me!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Replies (11-16):
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Well being as I'm in the skincare industry. It's your facewash.. I would HIGHLY recommend a brand like Dermalogica or Tu'el (2L). There are things in OTC face washes that licensed professionals aren't even allowed to use on clients! How crazy is that?! I can't fully diagnose you with out doing a skin analysis, but I would go and see an esthetician who specializes in skin care, or a dermatologist. 

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Lol well my moisturisers aren't that expensive ... I use oil of olay and Mac. I have a face wash from neutragena right now called "extra gentle face cleaner".

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

I've only heard of the Lancome.. lol. What about your face wash and moisturizers?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

My go to brands of makeup are makeup forever and lancome. Most recently I've been using tarte and cover FX foundations. They don't come too cheap.....

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

What is your definition of "pretty high end products"?

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
It is yeah. There's two speeds and the first is super gentle and the brush is crazy soft. Just with a gentle cleanser, it's awesome :)

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Is that like a brush face cleaner? I'm scared those things will be too harsh on my face.....

Quoting ae86mommy:

I was having the same issues. I got a beauty blender which helped a little. Applying my foundation with a wet beauty blender=amazing skin with no flakes. But even better, I got one of the olay pro-x brush things. Like a cheaper version of the Clarisonic. It's like 30 dollars at Walmart. It has seriously SAVED my skin this winter :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
What about cetaphil or aveeno cleansers? Can I get Dermalogica OTC?

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Well being as I'm in the skincare industry. It's your facewash.. I would HIGHLY recommend a brand like Dermalogica or Tu'el (2L). There are things in OTC face washes that licensed professionals aren't even allowed to use on clients! How crazy is that?! I can't fully diagnose you with out doing a skin analysis, but I would go and see an esthetician who specializes in skin care, or a dermatologist. 

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Lol well my moisturisers aren't that expensive ... I use oil of olay and Mac. I have a face wash from neutragena right now called "extra gentle face cleaner".

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

I've only heard of the Lancome.. lol. What about your face wash and moisturizers?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

My go to brands of makeup are makeup forever and lancome. Most recently I've been using tarte and cover FX foundations. They don't come too cheap.....

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I only have one actual foundation brush. It's real techniques which is pretty affordable, but it's tiny. I prefer it for concealer. I think elf makes one? It's just a flat wide brush, kinda looks like a paint brush :)

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I had a feeling my brush might be giving me some issues. Dammit. Any good brush recommendations or should I just use a beauty blender?

Quoting ae86mommy:

Also, if your foundation brush requires any buffing into your skin-it tends to make the flakes worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I haven't seen to many of my clients using Cetaphil or Aveeno. So I'm not real sure on those. Dermalogica is available at places like Ulta. There are other good professional products for skin care, most salons that do facials sell them. And exfoliating 1-2 times a week would help also.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

What about cetaphil or aveeno cleansers? Can I get Dermalogica OTC?

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

suesues
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

its your hormones and winter weather switch products for a while I switch to a thick hand cream on my face for a week and it helped  Also change the brush try a sponge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)