Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

How long??

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok ladies, so I'm just now starting to wear foundation. I have one from Mary Kay bronze and I recently brought one from cover girl soft honey, but not sure if it really blends. So my question is how long did it take to finally find your perfected blend and whom is it by?? Thank you for helping.💋
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Zadidoll
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM

My perfect blend is just that a blend. I use Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ in #35 mixed with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Tint in Y1.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM

A few years since I'm South East Asian and I lived in Europe for a long time back in the 80s and early 00s. Eve though big brands have been present here for a very long time, it's really only in the past that major brands have a wider array of foundation colour. The only product that I really liked was Chanel's tinted moisturizer but after that they discontinued it.

And that's just colour.

I think they've done a lot of research, and the products that are now available, whether drugstore or department store, whether liquid, cream or powder, are so much better than the ones available then. Perhaps I  am also better at taking care of my skin and applying it, but I don't think it's just that.

I still haven't found the perfect foundation so I've always got a few going - drugstore, department store, other; liquid and powder. What I use depends on how my skin is, and how hurried I am. I'm trying out Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation, and I'm waiting for Paula's Choice Resist Foundation to come out here where I live. I hear it's a great product.

Madammeke
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Still trying, your skin tones not only changes every season it also changes when you get older.

Keep trying in different light and you will find the perfect one...for now.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Oh man years.  I think MAC was the first to come up with a shade that suited me perfectly. So I was all over that for awhile. A few different products work for me now....I think the market has opened up for all tones of skin nowadays - I am like a med/golden/tan. Products used to be straight medium to dark and no inbetween, and the darks were always pink! Right now I go between Cover FX, Tarte and Lancome and Revlon products. My foundation changes between summer and winter, and day and night.

Vicariously
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM

It took me until last month... lol Missha's Perfect Cover BB Cream No.13. I did a review of it in this group a few weeks ago with pictures. It's probably on page 2 or 3?

GypsiSky
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM

That's a tricky one. It's the kind of thing you have to keep experimenting with until you find that perfect match.

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Honestly I still havent found my color yet

Vertical15
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I try new things all the time.  I used to love lancome.  The girl at the counter had helped me find my shade and she would also call me with deals going on and I would go in before events and she would help me get ready.  Then I had to stop spending so much on makeup and now I just play with whatever I can find.

HisSweetheart07
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I don't wear foundation - ever

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN