10 Beauty fun facts
Fashion Trends newsletter
Interesting random facts about beauty and cosmetic companies..............prepare to be mystified!! Okay, so that maaay have been a bit on the dramatic side, perhaps just a drum roll would have sufficed eh?
Anyways, let's get started.........
1. You can amaze your friends with this one........did you know that you can tell which side of a person's face they sleep on? Just look closely at their eyelashes. The outer corner portion of the eyelashes will be bent and sort of smashed looking (if you will). Whichever eye's lashes display this is the side of the face in which they sleep on. Just don't tell them that's how you know, they'll think you're just too cool for school and it will bug them all day how you figured it out!
2. Did you know that Lancome owns L'Oreal? So it's no wonder L'Oreal has great pigment in their shadows and goes on like velvet just like Lancome shadows. Except for a much cheaper price!
3. Did you know Estee Lauder owns Jane Cosmetics? You know the cheap little makeup line you can find in some Wal-marts (not all). I found this to be interesting since they, too, have the same consistency as Estee's shadows. Except actually I think Estee's shadows are worse, I never could get those damn shadows to adhere to my brush and surprisingly, with Jane I could.
4. Did you know that if you have static in your hair just run a dryer sheet over your hair a few times. Not only will it rid your hair of static but give you oh so fresh smelling hair! I love Gain!!!
5. Did you know that if you mess up with your self tanner and it ends up drying blotchy say, I don't know on the palms of your hands maybe (you know this has happened to you!) you can use nail polish remover on a cotton pad and rub the color right off?
6. Did you know you can use scotch tape on a slant on the outside corner of your eyes so when you apply your eyeshadow you will always get a perfect line? Now, removing it may hurt a little but wasn't it worth that wonderful straight line you accomplished? P.S. you can also use medical tape.
7. Did you know to help make any lipstick last longer you can separate a tissue by making it one ply and placing it over your lips (once you've applied your application of lipstick) and dip your powder brush into loose powder, it can be face powder or even baby powder and dab it over the tissue making sure to cover entire lip area. This will "set" your lipstick.
8. Did you know that if you wake up late and don't have time to wash your hair and it's a bit on the greasy side you can sprinkle a bit of baby powder onto your hair and brush it through thoroughly. They also make dry shampoos that will have the same effect, however if you're in a pinch and don't have any on hand baby powder works fine.
9. Did you know that you can keep your eyebrows looking well groomed all while keeping the hairs in place by using a clear mascara over top of them? Also you can instantly darken your browsusing colored mascara. Brown, black, etc. I guess you could even use blue or green if you're into that kind of stuff.......?????
10. Did you know you can instantly give yourself a lift in your face and eyes by simply wearing a headband? A Traynor Isometric Beauty Band that is. Looks like an attractive headband but tightens slack facial contours and takes away lines. Helps firm sagging skin as it strengthens facial muscle. It can also be used under a wig.