I love the messy hair/bohemian look. I also love the beach.
So, here is a DIY Sea Salt Beach Hair Spray that I can not live without anymore! The hair just looks so pretty, just like after a day at the beach. And it works for any hair length!
Here you go, the tutorial on how to make the beach hair spray:
Here is what you'll need:
♥ Coconut Oil
♥ Sea Salt
♥ Hair Gel
♥ Spray Bottle
♥ Measuring Cups
Here is how do make your very own beach spray:
1. Fill 1 cup of warm/hot water int the spray bottle. Make sure the water is warm-hot so the coconut oil melts.
2. Add 1 tbsp of Coconut oil, it smells awesome and keeps your hair healthy. If your hair is super dry, use 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
3. Add 1 tbsp of Vodka or 1/4 tbsp of rubbing alcohol - the spray will last longer and it helps to break down your hairs oil build-up.
4. Add 2 tbsp of Sea Salt. If your hair is more oily you can add more sea salt.
5. Add a few spritzes of hair gel, to give your hair a better hold and texture.
6. Shake it all up and always do before each use.
NOW: Spray all over damp hair and scrunch with your fingers. Blow dry or let it air dry. Finger comb through your hair and you look like you just came from a beautiful and fun day at the beach!
EXTRA TIP: If you have some more time you can also spray all over, part hair in about six sections and loosely braid your hair. Blow dry or sleep on it. When its dry (or the next day), finger comb braids out. Take a large curling iron (1 1/4") and loosely twist some (about 4-6 should be enough) hair strands around the iron, hold for a about 30 seconds. Finger comb through again and you are good to go.