Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

gel vs acrylic nails

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 25 Replies

which do you perfer and why??

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I dont use either
lovehimforever
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Acrylic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC1n2012
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

i have been a nail bitter since they started growing and i bite them till they bleed half the time i dnt even notice i am doing it.. i really want to stop and so far NOTHING has works..The nasty polish and hot polish dont work either so i gotta get them done

Quoting momofsixangels:

I dont use either

TTC1n2012
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:08 PM

that is what i was thing also but now i have heard of so many different kinds like gel nails silk and some others

Quoting lovehimforever:

Acrylic

Jennyanne322
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I had acrylic tips in high school. It destroyed my nails. I did gel manicures for about 6 months last year. I went biweekly. The gel stayed for the full two weeks for the first two months or so. After that, my nails were so weak and it would chip in a few days. I just get a regular manicure weekly and most of the time have clear paint and that's it. Both destroy your nails, so neither.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
avasmommee
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I JUST got gels for the first time ever on Friday--now, I don't know if this is normal or not, but they seem very thick--and I can't remember how thick arcrylic used to be because its been years since I've had those done. I got gel nails because 2 of my friends said it was better for my nails? Obviously its too soon too see, but they are kind of getting on my nerves, because they just seem so THICK!!! :-(

HisSweetheart07
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM

same - Its better to just wear gloves till you break the habit. silly i know but either option weakens your nails and neither will fix your habit instantly

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I had acrylic tips in high school. It destroyed my nails. I did gel manicures for about 6 months last year. I went biweekly. The gel stayed for the full two weeks for the first two months or so. After that, my nails were so weak and it would chip in a few days. I just get a regular manicure weekly and most of the time have clear paint and that's it. Both destroy your nails, so neither.

pittymama
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM

neither, i stay all natural

pittymama
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM

sunflower seeds. i have to keep a bag around at all times and when i feel like chewing on my nails, i break em out. it gets the chewing out of your system. i used to bite my nails/cuticles until they bled too and i swear this has been a lifesaver.

Quoting TTC1n2012:

i have been a nail bitter since they started growing and i bite them till they bleed half the time i dnt even notice i am doing it.. i really want to stop and so far NOTHING has works..The nasty polish and hot polish dont work either so i gotta get them done

Quoting momofsixangels:

I dont use either

Mama_Dolly
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I had both I perfered liquid gel nail.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)