Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

liquid liner on the upper lid..

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM
  • 24 Replies

i have always struggled too get it too look right. /: i just can't seem too put liner on my upper eyelid. 

does anyone have any tips or tricks too getting it too look right?

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suesues
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I use a pencil cant work with liquid

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM

It took me awhile to get using liquid just right, I still flub up here and there! I avoided it like the plague forever because it was too hard. Seriously you just have to keep doing it to get the hang of it.

I had to shop around for just the right  felt tip for my amateur hands. I don't even bother with liquid that is not a felt tip now, I'm just too inaccurate for anything else. Anyway angled tips make it easy to achieve a variety of line widths, I like to use those.

Also I used to think that the best way to get a consistent line is to make one long stroke, but actually doing it in sections and extending the line is a lot easier, you just have to make sure that each line is skinny so you can build on top of it.

Mila Victoria shows how to do a cat eye here at 2:50 if that's the look you are going for. She uses a gel liner, but you can do the same type of technique for liquid. She makes it look easy though. lol takes practice!

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I use pencil and only under my eyes

PerfectVirgo
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I only use kohl pencil. I rim my waterlines only, I think everything else looks weird on me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lismore
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I love liquid. Just keep at it you will get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saralovely129
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I have the same problem! But the eye liner I use most is a wetnwild felt tip hd eyeliner...I was expecting nothing for 2 bucks. But I almost always get it right! But it does smudge. And comes off easy if anything touches your eyes. I've also herd stiletto line from I think revlon is great for control!

Ababoo
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Maybeline New York line stiletto!! Amazing very easy! Good luck
Jess-Jax0711
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 2:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I do both upper and lower lids...been doing it since high school, still not perfect but its good enough for me:-P keep practicing you'll get it!!! Lol
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Start with a pencil to get the basic shape, then do over with your liquid liner. Practice makes perfect, and once you get the hang of it you won't have to go the pencil way first.

Also, not all liners are made equal. Some liners are easier to use than others - you have to find one that works for you.

Pink.Frosting
I know I sound like a scrooge, but I'm so ready for Christmas to be over this year. Our poor tree is haggard looking from being attacked by cats. I just want it *down* and to have my living room back to *normal.* Bah Humbug...
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a weird tip, but it always helps me and I can't do it any other way.  I hold my breath, lol.  Really.  It seems like if I don't hold my breath my arm and hand is just too shaky to get it on right.  But I have a much more steady hand if I'm holding my breath. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN