Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Scars

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 8 Replies
Do you use make up to cover any scars?I have one on my leg from a surgery but nothing seems to cover it

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
givenshl
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I have a scare on my lower leg from an accident years ago but never thought of putting any make up on it, it has faded but still a little noticeable.

peggytoo
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Have you tried Scarguard?  It will help the scar fade away slowly.  For me about 4-5 months.  It goes on clear, and dries barely noticeble.  Used on my legs a number of times, and it is invisible under hose.   My doctor recommended it.  About every 2-3 days I would redo the area.   It is not a cover up.

ae86mommy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Just my csection scar. And with my self tanner, it's pretty much invisible. On my face, I have two scars from the chicken pox. But they're little dips in my face so I can't make them look any better :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I don't cover them. I have one on my knee from surgery. When I was in my late teens I covered it once with cover-up but it looked bad. I didn't wear shorts for the longest time. Even when I tan it's stilk visible so I just let it be.
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You sometimes need somthimg heavier than normal makeup to cover scars. Have you tried Dermablend or Coverblend? Both have productvspecifically for legs and body. 

jessjennings23
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I made my own body butter, and its helped even out my scars! I use vitamin e oil, olive oil, and coconut oil it it with shea butter. Mixtures of oils can really help scars fade. ( boi oil works well if you don't want to make your own.

Ive had two kids and used my own blend with both of my pregnancy's and after, and you cant see any of my stretch marks.

othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

No I don't, I have a scar on my back, but it is covered by my shirt

craftygrl
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Would you mind sharing how you make your body butter?  I would love to try it. Thank you in advance.

Quoting jessjennings23:

I made my own body butter, and its helped even out my scars! I use vitamin e oil, olive oil, and coconut oil it it with shea butter. Mixtures of oils can really help scars fade. ( boi oil works well if you don't want to make your own.

Ive had two kids and used my own blend with both of my pregnancy's and after, and you cant see any of my stretch marks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN